17 former players attending
Open to public
Discuss

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Polite is slow..

Polite let his head get too big. He apparently had one of the worst combine's ever - literally, "ever" (there was a story written about it). He's going to miss the 1st round if he keeps performing poorly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Teams are starting to think Polite is dropping from a top 15 pick to the bottom of the 2nd round to 3rd round due to his combine work out which people would have written off... until his interviews which were considered one of the worst if not the worst of the entire combine.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Teams are starting to think Polite is dropping from a top 15 pick to the bottom of the 2nd round to 3rd round due to his combine work out which people would have written off... until his interviews which were considered one of the worst if not the worst of the entire combine.

Yep, and if he doesn't get to a 2nd NFL contract he cost himself life-changing money. He'll still make a nice check in the 2nd or 3rd round, but not the big guaranteed money he'd get as a 1st rounder. It's unbelievable to sh*t away an opportunity like that - especially considering he came out early as a junior.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, and if he doesn't get to a 2nd NFL contract he cost himself life-changing money. He'll still make a nice check in the 2nd or 3rd round, but not the big guaranteed money he'd get as a 1st rounder. It's unbelievable to sh*t away an opportunity like that - especially considering he came out early as a junior.

Biggest interview of his professional life, you can't ever get it back.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What happened in his interview? I heard it was “bad” but never heard why. Is he incredibly under educated?

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Polite let his head get too big. He apparently had one of the worst combine's ever - literally, "ever" (there was a story written about it). He's going to miss the 1st round if he keeps performing poorly.

He is completely out -- most recent mocks have him in the second round and dropping fast -- late second in some of the very latest mocks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What happened in his interview? I heard it was “bad” but never heard why. Is he incredibly under educated?

Don't know exactly, but NFL network talked about it, I think someone made a thread about it with comments from teams.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Don't know exactly, but NFL network talked about it, I think someone made a thread about it with comments from teams.
From what I saw, when he talked to team and they mentioned his weaknesses, he took that as them attacking him. And also he said he never watches tape of himself to improve and a couple other oddball comments.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is this thread about "pro day", or is it about Polite throwing away 1st round money? I'm feeling like the thread could use a title change about now...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From what I saw, when he talked to team and they mentioned his weaknesses, he took that as them attacking him. And also he said he never watches tape of himself to improve and a couple other oddball comments.
I dont think any of our DL realize they suck against the run. Uga and UK knew. Not sure if Grantham does. Or if he cares.

The film statement is crazy. Is this real? Wouldnt our coaches have noticed he doesnt watch film.

Polite is the ultimate one-trick pony. Terrible against the run, nonexistent as a pass protector. He's far too small to play defensive line in the NFL and not close to being fast enough to playing linebacker. He'll have to hope that some team wants him in a 3/4 as a blitz only linebacker. That's going to take some luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator