Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The damage Wiillllllllllllllie did to this team with kill them for the next decade.....
I heard he was the black Belichick.

in fact some people on BlackTwitterMatters were amazed he had not taken the New England job already, shortly after having the only winning season of his career.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m all for this. Give the man a lifetime contract. :grin:

I love the continued insistence on blaming Fisher and the "mess"(guess that's what we're calling 4/5* players now) he left behind. There's just no willingness to just call it what it is--a disastrous performance from an etremely overrated coach, who's sucked everywhere he's ever been. Very reminiscent of Muschamp post Meyer. For some reason, we just can't fully blame certain people and have to always throw out a "yeah but".

That said, I'm going to disagree with you on the lifetime contract. I don't know exactly how well Norvell will do there, but he concerns me a lot more than Taggert, and with a couple decent classes could pose a threat. I don't like the idea of the media and fans becoming ok with the idea of a total rebuild(even though that's basically what it is after this season). I want the pressure to "win now" to be in full effect so that when they don't, the pressure mounts and he's seen as failing and potentially on his way out. That would be the best case scenario for us as it would all but ensure a decade plus of disaster.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That said, I'm going to disagree with you on the lifetime contract. I don't know exactly how well Norvell will do there, but he concerns me a lot more than Taggert, and with a couple decent classes could pose a threat. I don't like the idea of the media and fans becoming ok with the idea of a total rebuild(even though that's basically what it is after this season). I want the pressure to "win now" to be in full effect so that when they don't, the pressure mounts and he's seen as failing and potentially on his way out. That would be the best case scenario for us as it would all but ensure a decade plus of disaster.

Somehow, Norvell’s recruiting is worse than WiLLLLLLLie’s. Willie wasn’t so much bad at selling as he was managing. It was complete chaos. Newberg, Nee and those guys talked about it from the beginning. Norvell is struggling while being organized. His first class was 20 on rivals. Not bad considering what he had to deal with. His current class is at 32. He can’t sell. You can fix disorganization. You can’t fix someone who can’t sell. We will see. Mullen sucked against UK. Then, the season turned around. Let’s see how Norvell does. But, all those Jimbo 5 stars leave after this year. 3 stars are replacing them. Huge drop in talent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Somehow, Norvell’s recruiting is worse than WiLLLLLLLie’s. Willie wasn’t so much bad at selling as he was managing. It was complete chaos. Newberg, Nee and those guys talked about it from the beginning. Norvell is struggling while being organized. His first class was 20 on rivals. Not bad considering what he had to deal with. His current class is at 32. He can’t sell. You can fix disorganization. You can’t fix someone who can’t sell. We will see. Mullen sucked against UK. Then, the season turned around. Let’s see how Norvell does. But, all those Jimbo 5 stars leave after this year. 3 stars are replacing them. Huge drop in talent.

Totally agree on the last point. If they think he has roster issues now, just wait. There are already positions where they have players pretty much no one wanted, which is crazy considering where JF had them as recent as 2017. And that is going to be much worse in the next few years. I just don't want them to land a few miracle players, gain the perception that this is a rebuild that will take time but is heading in the right direction and give him the time he needs to try and fix things(whether he can or not). That's basically what JF did, beginning with the 2010 class, even after we'd wiped the floor with them. Fans were patient and it gave the recruits a feeling that they were building something. I want Norvell to be feeling the heat this year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want Norvell to be feeling the heat this year.

According to what I have read, they were able to piece together enough for wiLLLLLLLie's buyout. All the reporting so far is that won't happen again. They do not have the money. Norvell is getting at least 3 years barring a scandal of some kind. The kung flu season will grant him a mulligan year. So, he probably gets 4 at minimum.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
According to what I have read, they were able to piece together enough for wiLLLLLLLie's buyout. All the reporting so far is that won't happen again. They do not have the money. Norvell is getting at least 3 years barring a scandal of some kind. The kung flu season will grant him a mulligan year. So, he probably gets 4 at minimum.

Being a new HC this season has to be absolute schitty. Regardless of NCAA or NFL, trying to implement your organization and build a foundation. Add all that to following possibly the worst head coach in their history... I don't think Novell is a world beater, but what a complete schit situation to jump into.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Being a new HC this season has to be absolute schitty. Regardless of NCAA or NFL, trying to implement your organization and build a foundation. Add all that to following possibly the worst head coach in their history... I don't think Novell is a world beater, but what a complete schit situation to jump into.

It's way too early to call Norvell a bust. I actually thought it was a great hire for them (considering the other reasonable options out there). As with any program wanting to compete with the 'big boys', if his recruiting doesn't improve he's going to top out as a 9-3 type program. Good, but not what they expect at FSU.

Agree w/ this being a bad year to take over a program (and - like at UGA - implement a new offense). But, FSU was able to get in (I think) 5 or 6 spring practices before the shutdown- which is huge for them. We got in ZERO spring practices. Norvell also had the racial uprising issues w/ a few of his players, which didn't help with the transition either.

Mullen's first season was a little rocky getting out of the gate w/ the Kentucky loss. After UGA they got blown out by Missouri, then we were down 20+ to South Carolina and somehow made the big comeback (thanks Muschamp!). We also looked like sh*t vs. Vandy that season. It'll be fun to see how FSU rebounds (or not). They don't have the easiest schedule coming up, they could end up w/ a losing record this year - which would be glorious!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's way too early to call Norvell a bust. I actually thought it was a great hire for them (considering the other reasonable options out there). As with any program wanting to compete with the 'big boys', if his recruiting doesn't improve he's going to top out as a 9-3 type program. Good, but not what they expect at FSU.

Agree w/ this being a bad year to take over a program (and - like at UGA - implement a new offense). But, FSU was able to get in (I think) 5 or 6 spring practices before the shutdown- which is huge for them. We got in ZERO spring practices. Norvell also had the racial uprising issues w/ a few of his players, which didn't help with the transition either.

Mullen's first season was a little rocky getting out of the gate w/ the Kentucky loss. After UGA they got blown out by Missouri, then we were down 20+ to South Carolina and somehow made the big comeback (thanks Muschamp!). We also looked like sh*t vs. Vandy that season. It'll be fun to see how FSU rebounds (or not). They don't have the easiest schedule coming up, they could end up w/ a losing record this year - which would be glorious!

Agree on Novell being a good hire especially with the options and budget due to the buyout. And you can't really judge any coach by his first game especially in this climate. Just saying it is a bad year to be a first year head coach, your system probably not going to be fully implemented until game 4 at the earliest due to the restrictions.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite meme from last season...

iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.