Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone else surprised that Haggins, the lifer coach who's twice taken over as an interim to help out and was a player favorite to actually get the head job this past offseason, isn't getting the nod to do so this week? In addition to having more head coaching experience than the Thomsen, he's actually coached these very players and has also understands and been a part of this rivalry. Considering much of the team wanted Haggins last year, and the turmoil already between Norvell and the locker room, I wonder how this decision is being received.

The whitie has 7 years previous head coaching experience, but yes - in this day and age, it's a little surprising that they didn't allow BLM to choose which assistant would serve as interim/fill-in head coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
According to several unnamed FSU insiders with super-secret insider information, Thomsen is White and Haggins is Black...and uh, looks like uhh, Norvell is a cultural appropriating racist POS.

That's the word on the street anyway. You know. From the insiders. And Twitter, probably.

Yeah, I hate how everything has become about race suddenly, but purely from a perception standpoint, this seems like such a bad move by Norvell. It leads me to believe that, especially with the opening loss, he's potentially concerned that a guy like OH could come in and pull what would be a huge win, and find himself in a dangerous spot. If that's the case, he's toast already. Again, I don't think anyone should be given the reigns based on anything other than their qualifications, and hate that we've come to this. But I could see this becoming another problem for him, and also generally feel like Haggins would actually just be a better fit given the opponent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The whitie has 7 years previous head coaching experience, but yes - in this day and age, it's a little surprising that they didn't allow BLM to choose which assistant would serve as interim/fill-in head coach.

Ok. I didn't realize in his Wikipedia resume that it was automatically "HC" unless noted otherwise. I see that HC stretch now. So I guess that makes a little more sense. Still a weird move, imo, considering Haggins didn't entirely bomb last year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok. I didn't realize in his Wikipedia resume that it was automatically "HC" unless noted otherwise. I see that HC stretch now. So I guess that makes a little more sense. Still a weird move, imo, considering Haggins didn't entirely bomb last year.

His title is "Deputy Head Coach", so that makes sense that he'd step in in this situation....but the race thing is a big factor.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online