Florida vs Florida State football 2022 moved to FRIDAY

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
First of all, it ain't just any Friday night so I don't think I'd give too much thought to the "we are officially a shyt team now" blathering. And I really think it says more about their program than ours. I doubt seriously that we'd be playing on Friday night in the Swamp.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
There's a whole lot of spin in this post joe. Almost all playoff games in Florida are played on Friday night

Correct, prior to championship games.

Saturday games often occur due to stadium conflicts, two games in one stadium. Long travel distances can result in Saturday games and even weather delays.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier just gets to beat NorveLLLLL's azz a day early. Not too upset about it on Friday night on a holiday weekend. It will be primetime showing of the azzclown's meltdown.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
There's a whole lot of spin in this post joe. Almost all playoff games in Florida are played on Friday night.
The schools shoulder the blame here, but the game has been downgraded to egg bowl status period.

I would have never thought this was possible from 1990 - 2010 when this game was many times the biggest game on rivalry weekend.

G8r we all lament we haven't been relevant since 2010 (actually 2009) and FSU is an even worse dumpster fire. It's barely on the radar as a rivalry game so for the programming guru's at ESPN to tap it to kick off that weekend in prime time beats the option of burying it with all the other boring "rivalry" games early Saturday IMO. Maybe they think we got it right this time, hope it's not a thriller with two teams fighting it out to be 6-6 again.

I don't see the impact on HS playoffs regardless of when they are played and that too is just my opinion. Seems you were correct that the FHSAA played the majority of their playoffs on Friday night with almost all complete before Thanksgiving weekend.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Slight rabbit trail… anybody know if Travis is returning for the nole$? We were a train wreck, but Travis surprised me with how often he made plays to make it a close game at home. Right now he’s the one who appears to give them a puncher’s chance in tallacrappy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Slight rabbit trail… anybody know if Travis is returning for the nole$? We were a train wreck, but Travis surprised me with how often he made plays to make it a close game at home. Right now he’s the one who appears to give them a puncher’s chance in tallacrappy.

Travis should be the guy for them, and he did make some plays at times last year. Personally I though Milton’s credit for 1 TD in the comeback against ND was ridiculously overblown. They lost games forcing that.

But as for the game against us, the guy that kept making plays to make it a close game was one Emory Jones. If he oversleeps that day, we win by 4 scores.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the only plays he made were scrambling. Hes awful when made to pass. And considering the abortion that was our defense and the likelihood it's a thing of the past under a legit coaching staff I say Travis never sniffs a win against us, ever.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am happy that this is a one year deal only but I wasn’t surprised when I heard the news given how the programs have fallen.

We’ve been flirting with irrelevance for over a decade now and FSU has slept with her so no surprise.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
G8r we all lament we haven't been relevant since 2010 (actually 2009) and FSU is an even worse dumpster fire. It's barely on the radar as a rivalry game so for the programming guru's at ESPN to tap it to kick off that weekend in prime time beats the option of burying it with all the other boring "rivalry" games early Saturday IMO. Maybe they think we got it right this time, hope it's not a thriller with two teams fighting it out to be 6-6 again.

I don't see the impact on HS playoffs regardless of when they are played and that too is just my opinion. Seems you were correct that the FHSAA played the majority of their playoffs on Friday night with almost all complete before Thanksgiving weekend.
Let's just hope it's one year. It's hard to look that far into the future but that weekend in the Swamp could be the biggest weekend we've had in years and trying to get national kids here by 7-8 on a Friday night could impact that. I guess I'm mostly pissed we let it get like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.