Florida vs Florida State football 2022 moved to FRIDAY

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The SEC made a very clear statement several years ago that we would NOT schedule Friday night games specifically to respect the huge HS football culture in the SE. I don’t care that it’s an out of conference game, I’m surprised bspn would entertain this as a good idea with 2 FL schools. I’m surprised Strickland hasn’t called the SEC for support.

Sorry, I forgot… bspn is run by idiots and we have spineless leadership. And acc is the acc.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The SEC made a very clear statement several years ago that we would NOT schedule Friday night games specifically to respect the huge HS football culture in the SE. I don’t care that it’s an out of conference game, I’m surprised bspn would entertain this as a good idea with 2 FL schools. I’m surprised Strickland hasn’t called the SEC for support.

Sorry, I forgot… bspn is run by idiots and we have spineless leadership. And acc is the acc.

Not to mention Strichnine is a dypshyt.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

The HS regular season normally is complete by mid-November. In most SE States the playoffs begin the weekend after the Thanksgiving break and are normally played on Saturdays, not the traditional Friday night.

I'm glad we have been invited to be the prime time opening game for rivalry weekend. I'm also glad it is in Tallahassee to fxxk with their recruiting plans. This is good for Napier's program as it shows the program Exec's at ESPN believe the game will be relevant before the first snap. Think they would have made this decision if Mullen was still at the helm? I don't!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Good that will give us 8 days to get ready for the SECCG
giphy.gif

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
The HS regular season normally is complete by mid-November. In most SE States the playoffs begin the weekend after the Thanksgiving break and are normally played on Saturdays, not the traditional Friday night.

I'm glad we have been invited to be the prime time opening game for rivalry weekend. I'm also glad it is in Tallahassee to fxxk with their recruiting plans. This is good for Napier's program as it shows the program Exec's at ESPN believe the game will be relevant before the first snap. Think they would have made this decision if Mullen was still at the helm? I don't!

So...if HS regular season football is over by November, how does this game fck with Nole recruiting?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
So...if HS regular season football is over by November, how does this game fck with Nole recruiting?
Many of the top recruits are in the playoffs so they would have to leave their team to go to the recruiting weekend. It probably won't be that big of an impact but will be more than UF as the visitor. Last year UF had a ton of recruits at that game in G-ville and we didn't even have a HC. I'm sure they had a great party, the student body was in full force that day.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

There's a whole lot of spin in this post joe. Almost all playoff games in Florida are played on Friday night.
The schools shoulder the blame here, but the game has been downgraded to egg bowl status period.

I would have never thought this was possible from 1990 - 2010 when this game was many times the biggest game on rivalry weekend.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
There's a whole lot of spin in this post joe. Almost all playoff games in Florida are played on Friday night.
The schools shoulder the blame here, but the game has been downgraded to egg bowl status period.

I would have never thought this was possible from 1990 - 2010 when this game was many times the biggest game on rivalry weekend.
CBN may or may not be the answer for us, but I remain convinced NorveLLLLLLL is not the answer for the clowns, so either way, this will remain an unimportant game nationally for at least a little while longer.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
CBN may or may not be the answer for us, but I remain convinced NorveLLLLLLL is not the answer for the clowns, so either way, this will remain an unimportant game nationally for at least a little while longer.

How dare you ask for the check when we haven't gotten the Cobb salad yet!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Saw a tweet on tos explaining that the SEC has already confirmed the 2023 matchup in Gainesville will be on a Saturday. I guess the home team's conference dictates the parameters for the game, so 2022 is just a typical acc plea for attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator