***Florida vs Vanderbilt BBALL Game Thread***

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson looked much improved in the first few games this season, but he has completely disappeared.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to figure out what game were you watching if you think Egbunu's problem was fouls. He played 23 minutes and scored 2 points and grabbed 4 boards. So if it wasn't for the fouls derailing him and he played 33 minutes he would have scored 3 points and had 6 boards? When you talk about the inconsistency of this team Egbunu and Robinson (0 pts 3 boards) go to the front of the line. Despite his deficiencies at least Hill showed up with effort. The whole team played like azz, even Allen who was able to pad his stats late when the game was out of reach.
Egbunu got in foul trouble in the first half and They went on a run playing through their center. Most of his minutes were in the 2nd half.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We played fine on defense. There were some occasional lapses, but overall it was a good effort. Offensively, that was as bad as I've seen us play all year. Couldn't throw a pea in the ocean if they were on a boat.
Last night was our lowest shooting percentage of the year, 32.9%. Before that it was at Mich. St. at 33.3%.

Our shooting has gone beyond "cold". It's just non-existing. Worst group of shooters, collectively, I think we've ever had at the university.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Egbunu got in foul trouble in the first half and They went on a run playing through their center. Most of his minutes were in the 2nd half.
He's been averaging about 26 minutes in SEC play so his minutes weren't way below his average. I just think it is a bad excuse to say the reason he wasn't productive was because of foul trouble. He was non-productive because he got his butt kicked by Vandy's bigs. He should have been able to use his size and strength to get to the hoop and FT line but he wasn't. His effort looked weak and he faded when they blocked a couple of his shots.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
He's been averaging about 26 minutes in SEC play so his minutes weren't way below his average. I just think it is a bad excuse to say the reason he wasn't productive was because of foul trouble. He was non-productive because he got his butt kicked by Vandy's bigs. He should have been able to use his size and strength to get to the hoop and FT line but he wasn't. His effort looked weak and he faded when they blocked a couple of his shots.
They doubled Egbunu a lot and no one could make an outside shot for 90% of the game. Egbunu can only be effective if we have spacing, which there was none cause Vandy put 5 guys in the paint knowing we couldn't hit a dang thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They doubled Egbunu a lot and no one could make an outside shot for 90% of the game. Egbunu can only be effective if we have spacing, which there was none cause Vandy put 5 guys in the paint knowing we couldn't hit a dang thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Egbunu did get doubled, but it was Kornet who took him out of his game. JE has close to 50 lbs on Kornet and should have been able to impose his will on him, yet in similar minutes Kornet had 9 boards and 6 blocks. It was a really bad game for Egbunu despite the poor outside shooting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. I'm not saying he played well. I'm saying they had a big run in his absence the first half.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree. I'm not saying he played well. I'm saying they had a big run in his absence the first half.
True dat. And us scoring 19 in the first half with few second chances made their run look even better than it was. Hopefully Egbunu and the whole team are pissed at the effort and come out with attitude on Saturday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need the next game bad or our tournament chances will be going down quickly. A good RPI due to schedule strength mostly isn't going to get you in when your record against top 50 teams isn't good at all. You have to get quality wins also.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We need the next game bad or our tournament chances will be going down quickly. A good RPI due to schedule strength mostly isn't going to get you in when your record against top 50 teams isn't good at all. You have to get quality wins also.

Right on.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Last night was our lowest shooting percentage of the year, 32.9%. Before that it was at Mich. St. at 33.3%.

Our shooting has gone beyond "cold". It's just non-existing. Worst group of shooters, collectively, I think we've ever had at the university.

The team was actually shooting better until last nights game. I'm not saying they were great, but they were making enough 3s to open the lane more and that was helpful.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

So right Gator Fever,... and. unfortunately, that takes quality play.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a quick graph showing our FG %, per game, and the inconstancies. Only 3 games have we shot better than 50%. Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 3.51.41 PM.png

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a quick graph showing our FG %, per game, and the inconstancies. Only 3 games have we shot better than 50%. View attachment 2557
Really highlights how inconsistent this team is - the low end, by loss:
40% - lost by 15 to Purdue (neutral site)
39% - lost by 11 at Miami
33% - lost by 6 at Mich St
40% - lost by 2 to FSU
34% - lost by 14 at UT
44% - lost by 3 at A&M
33% - lost by 1 at Vandy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
True dat. And us scoring 19 in the first half with few second chances made their run look even better than it was. Hopefully Egbunu and the whole team are pissed at the effort and come out with attitude on Saturday.
I think they will. The odome is gonna be rockin on Saturday. I think we're gonna beat wvu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.