Florida vs Wake Forest Game Thread

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
LagoonGator68;135726 said:
This team is immensly more talented than last year's team. Y'all will see before the end of the season. Hill and Chiozza may be the 2 quickest point guards in the NCAA. Walker will be a beast by tourney time. Murphy is the missing piece of the puzzle. His hoops IQ is off the charts.
Hill plays way too fast, that's the problem. When your point throws it to the other team or OB every third time down the court, it's hard to put runs together.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats Gators... the mountain climb awaits

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n135729 said:
Hill plays way too fast, that's the problem. When your point throws it to the other team or OB every third time down the court, it's hard to put runs together.
I haven't seen that, of course I haven't watched a full game yet this year. There is an easy solution to that if it is a recurring problem this year. It is called a coaches best friend by John Wooden, the bench. Chiozza is more than capable of running this team at the point and is a vastly better shooter than Hill. Chiozza at the two with Hill playing well is even better. I forgot the Wake game and only saw the last 10 mins. or so, did Hill stink up the first half?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n135729 said:

And on the edge of out of control.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n135725 said:
Florida hasn't had a pre conference schedule like this that I remember. Most of the big name teams that were played, including that Battle for Atlantis, Billy had six or seven scholarship players available. The team could hang around until depth became an issue. They will get credit for the strength of schedule. That's why these teams were scheduled. Injuries and suspensions were the problem, not necessarily this team. While I certainly do not expect a title run, and I don't think anyone did, they will get a bid to the tournament. Probably going to have to rely on defense more than ever this year, though.

You're right about quality wins in the conference. Not many to get and I don't think anyone beats Kentucky other than Kentucky.

They should give us some credit even though we lost all those tough games. I would be nervous if we messed around and somehow went 10-8 in conference play however as we got left out doing that before (adding in the 1-1 in the SEC tournament that season).

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Definitely glad to see Alex Murphy get here before conference games! We started off the season slow but looks like we'll be fine

CharlieG

Oct 5, 2014
I couldn't get the game on TV, had to listen on gatorzone. Sloppy at times but they pulled out a tough win.

Alex English,err Murphy is a great addition and when Eli comes back we could be a sweet 16 team with a good draw.

Chiozza looks to be our best freshman so far. As mentioned before Hill is not consistent right now.

I didn't hear Walker's name mentioned much last night. His consistency needs to improve also.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n135737 said:
I haven't seen that, of course I haven't watched a full game yet this year. There is an easy solution to that if it is a recurring problem this year. It is called a coaches best friend by John Wooden, the bench. Chiozza is more than capable of running this team at the point and is a vastly better shooter than Hill. Chiozza at the two with Hill playing well is even better. I forgot the Wake game and only saw the last 10 mins. or so, did Hill stink up the first half?

Apparently Billy chose to go with Chiozza down the stretch since Hill was struggling so much in the game - basically using your easy solution to the problem, the bench.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Somehow they have us # 113 in RPI and only the 70th hardest SOS. I can see the terrible RPI right now due to no decent wins but I thought our schedule was at least a top 25 schedule not freakin 70th.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gator Fever;n136083 said:
Somehow they have us # 113 in RPI and only the 70th hardest SOS. I can see the terrible RPI right now due to no decent wins but I thought our schedule was at least a top 25 schedule not freakin 70th.

I find the SOS a bit odd as well. All will go up when we run the table in conference play. A guy can dream can't he?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n136083 said:

If you're looking at RealTimeRPI.com, the numbers haven't been updated since Saturday. But yes, we've only beaten one team in the top 100, and that was Yale. Hard to build up a good RPI when you have no impressive wins.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fine with a low RPI right now. Take care of business in the next 2 OOC games and then start ticking off conference wins and it will take care of itself. The selection committee will look at our tough OOC schedule to start the year (and our injury situation) and seed us accordingly. Our 4 losses were to solid teams and we were pretty much in every game, except for the 12-0 start we let UNC get out to (and then only lost by 11). We could have won 3 of those losses with a healthy team. We'll be alright.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n136117 said:
I'm fine with a low RPI right now. Take care of business in the next 2 OOC games and then start ticking off conference wins and it will take care of itself. The selection committee will look at our tough OOC schedule to start the year (and our injury situation) and seed us accordingly. Our 4 losses were to solid teams and we were pretty much in every game, except for the 12-0 start we let UNC get out to (and then only lost by 11). We could have won 3 of those losses with a healthy team. We'll be alright.

Yep. Would have been nice to start the season with our full roster, for a change. Playing UK at least twice will help our RPI, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator