Florida vs Wake Forest Game Thread

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team has matured a lot since the beginning of the season. Impressed with the fight in this team. Just wish they wouldnt get themselves into situations that they have to fight their way out of in seemingly every game. Need to finish this game strong.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Unfortunately for Frazier he's going to look like Harry Potter after this one.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good win. Still lots of work to do on the offensive end, but the defense (press particularly) is starting to improve.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n135620 said:
Good win. Still lots of work to do on the offensive end, but the defense (press particularly) is starting to improve.

17 steals - Ho Li Fuk!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n135622 said:
17 steals - Ho Li Fuk!

Yep. This is a quick team. We don't have the muscle we had the past few years, but we do have speed and athleticism. I think we'll do well in the conference...other than that playoff team that wears blue.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
rogdochar;n135594 said:
Very confusing. He said English 3 times. Never corrected himself.

For you younger guys, I think I get it. His name is Alex Murphy, correct? Well for some reason the announcer must have had Alex English on his mind, as Alex English is one of the top scorers in the history of the NBA. English was a great player at South Carolina and the Nuggets under Doug Moe, so I think he got trapped with the Alex first name and got lost until they whispered into his ear.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
FireFoley;135638 said:
For you younger guys, I think I get it. His name is Alex Murphy, correct? Well for some reason the announcer must have had Alex English on his mind, as Alex English is one of the top scorers in the history of the NBA. English was a great player at South Carolina and the Nuggets under Doug Moe, so I think he got trapped with the Alex first name and got lost until they whispered into his ear.
:crazy:

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n135638 said:

tumblr_mtev6gHAhP1sows66o1_500.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see Hill is missing all his shots still. I don't know about this team - they have improved but we still don't have one win against a likely NCAA team and probably won't out of conference since UConn is down this season. There aren't too many good wins to get in the SEC this season either. Besides KY maybe Arkansas and LSU but that is about it.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n135720 said:
I see Hill is missing all his shots still. I don't know about this team - they have improved but we still don't have one win against a likely NCAA team and probably won't out of conference since UConn is down this season. There aren't too many good wins to get in the SEC this season either. Besides KY maybe Arkansas and LSU but that is about it.

Florida hasn't had a pre conference schedule like this that I remember. Most of the big name teams that were played, including that Battle for Atlantis, Billy had six or seven scholarship players available. The team could hang around until depth became an issue. They will get credit for the strength of schedule. That's why these teams were scheduled. Injuries and suspensions were the problem, not necessarily this team. While I certainly do not expect a title run, and I don't think anyone did, they will get a bid to the tournament. Probably going to have to rely on defense more than ever this year, though.

You're right about quality wins in the conference. Not many to get and I don't think anyone beats Kentucky other than Kentucky.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This team is immensly more talented than last year's team. Y'all will see before the end of the season. Hill and Chiozza may be the 2 quickest point guards in the NCAA. Walker will be a beast by tourney time. Murphy is the missing piece of the puzzle. His hoops IQ is off the charts.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed with Murphy last night, looks like he will be a very solid player for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator