Foley is a boss

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n124786 said:
I'm sure both sides left a little pissed so it's a fair deal. Not great for either side, but fair. We got our guy and divided up the buyout in a way we can swallow. They got nearly all their money and have UF essentially paying for their next coach (until the next coach splits and they get the next school to pay for the coach after that). Win-Win as they say.

What a great way for these non power schools to get a small piece of that big pie. Look for more and more of this in the future.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he turns into chump or zook will look like the Domers still paying buyout to exschool after coach is gone.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Born2beagator;n124747 said:
Florida is paying 5 of that out of pocket is the point. so 2,5 million saved

Is this the NEW math? How in Hades do you figure UF is paying only 5 million out of pocket? 3 million from UF + the 2 million Mac is paying (read between the lines, that money is coming from UF) + 2 million to play a game that normally cost 800,000. So we are sending CSU 7 million no matter how you slice it, dice it, chop it, whop it.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124804 said:
You know you're my favorite poster but your can-do-no-wrong view of Foley has always made me a bit uneasy. I know you admire the man, but I have a feeling that if he ran onto the middle of the field during a football game and took a dump, you would praise his innovation in trying out a superior fertilizer.

AD's make mistakes and Foley has made more than his share. No one is infallible.

And has already been mentioned, McElwain isn't going to have to pony up a single cent of his own money.

And please, nobody "like" this post. There are certain posters that are embarrassing to agree with. :lol:

I'm simply equal time to the "fire Foley" Tennessee fan contingent. Sure, Foley has made mistakes, but he's also an overwhelming success and one has to be seriously simple-minded to deny it.

More importantly, Gatoravatara "liked" your post! :lol:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n124856 said:
Is this the NEW math? How in Hades do you figure UF is paying only 5 million out of pocket? 3 million from UF + the 2 million Mac is paying (read between the lines, that money is coming from UF) + 2 million to play a game that normally cost 800,000. So we are sending CSU 7 million no matter how you slice it, dice it, chop it, whop it.

:lalala:

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DC I really like you as a poster but why are you so far up the Foley butthole? You guys experiment in college or something we need to know about?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the bigger question is what is MC hammers buyout in this UF contract? It better be about $500k Max for what we paid to get such a high risk candidate.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
FireFoley;n124856 said:

You forgot to subtract the $800,000 we would have normally paid for a game.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you factor in that UF only paying $500k a year would theoretically allow them to make money off of the rest of buyout money that UF has invested. Say UF has that 3 mil invested, at a 15% return, that would be $450k. So really, UF would be paying chump change every year. Great move by Foley to spread out the buyout in order to get the man he wants. I approve.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n124865 said:
DC I really like you as a poster but why are you so far up the Foley butthole? You guys experiment in college or something we need to know about?

It's okay for a hand full of posters to constantly run around frothing at the mouth about firing Foley, or for multiple threads to pop up about some unknown SI hack slamming Foley, but my showing pride and support for the AD is met with questioning?

Look, I think we have the best AD in America. The man has had sustained excellence over decades. Are we that divided and jaded that we can't even support the AD without having to duck from incoming? To those who are lecturing me on how I shouldn't be so supportive of Foley, have you also lectured the "fire Foley" crowd on how "extreme" their position is? Or do you agree with that notion?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I give credit to Foley for getting the deal done. CSU didn't have to budge at all and they didn't budge much. I think this will be a great hire, but we won't know for a couple of years.

I know everybody is hoping he does great.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n124909 said:
I give credit to Foley for getting the deal done. CSU didn't have to budge at all and they didn't budge much. I think this will be a great hire, but we won't know for a couple of years.

I know everybody is hoping he does great.

I hope he killed it!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n124908 said:
Foley is nationally recognized as probably the best in the business. We're lucky to have him.

If this hire works out? I'll agree. If we're coach shopping in 3 years then he'll have whiffed on 3/4 football hires. That flat out stinks.

Here's to a new reign in SEC Football....go Gators and welcome Coach MC

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n124870 said:
I think the bigger question is what is MC hammers buyout in this UF contract? It better be about $500k Max for what we paid to get such a high risk candidate.

It'll probably be the standard 4 year contract at $3.5 mil a year. So we could be looking at another serious buyout if he doesn't work out.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n124906 said:
It's okay for a hand full of posters to constantly run around frothing at the mouth about firing Foley, or for multiple threads to pop up about some unknown SI hack slamming Foley, but my showing pride and support for the AD is met with questioning?

Look, I think we have the best AD in America. The man has had sustained excellence over decades. Are we that divided and jaded that we can't even support the AD without having to duck from incoming? To those who are lecturing me on how I shouldn't be so supportive of Foley, have you also lectured the "fire Foley" crowd on how "extreme" their position is? Or do you agree with that notion?

DC, I'm in the Foley camp. You won't find a single post on this board or the previous where I've bashed him. Maybe questioned his thinking but I've certainly never called for his firing or resignation. I hope he's our AD until he's too senile to find his way to the office. That said, my only issue is with praising this negotiation as a "We showed CSU who the MAN is" thing. It's a fair and creative arrangement. It keeps us out of the Midwest in September and has enough spin to keep the accountants and pundits busy. We wanted them to say "keep the change". They wanted it in cash up front. Neither side got what they wanted so it's a fair negotiation. Nobody bow beat or hood winked the other side. No one was the "BOSS"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n124920 said:
It'll probably be the standard 4 year contract at $3.5 mil a year. So we could be looking at another serious buyout if he doesn't work out.
The coach, who will be introduced at a news conference Saturday, will be paid an average of $3.5 million per season over a six-year contract, according to sources.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n124871 said:
You forgot to subtract the $800,000 we would have normally paid for a game.

We have paid more the $800,000 for some opponents, so it depends on how much we would have paid that opponent. It si still less than what we will make from the ticket sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator