For your game parking/tailgating information

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
Just in case we are good enough to sell out a few times this year I thought I'd pass the following along.

A couple items came up in the local news that impact game day parking and some tailgating. The first one is that the University Corners development, although approved, is still delayed. I expect that the Boy Scout lot will still be open this year.

Then today, Traffic and Parking announced that as of August 18th the chemistry parking lot would be closed off permanently for the construction of the new chemistry building.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who are you? Introduce yourself.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Boy Scout lot is a great option, have used it several times.

And gotta love the University and city doing anything they can to limit areas you can tailgate. Like all those stupid little signs they plant each week all over campus that just get pulled up or driven over. Why can't we embrace tailgating like Ole Miss and MSU? :rolleyes:

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
I've been a longtime lurker/rare poster on the former site. Similarly, I've lurked on this site since about day 2. (Found by a hint in GC and then looked for "Ox" "podcast"). I signed up today as I finally had something to say. I must have been member number 298? I've always loved watching football but never played. I was way too skinny. Got lucky enough to work for UF after graduating and never left Gainesville.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I like to park in the garage across Archer from Shands. Free, shaded and a fun walk up the hill to the stadium. Then after the game I can head south on 441 and get on 75 via the Willison Exit.

And away I go. For five hours.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ppinesgator;n25399 said:
I like to park in the garage across Archer from Shands. Free, shaded and a fun walk up the hill to the stadium. Then after the game I can head south on 441 and get on 75 via the Willison Exit.

And away I go. For five hours.

There is another garage on the other side of shands that is closer to the stadium (directly behind Radiation Oncology), also free, you dont have to walk across Archer, and just as easy to get to 441.

But my favorite spot is on the tiny road (Sweetwater Drive) that leads up the telescope. Between the physics dept and electrical engineering, directly across the street from the Reitz. But you have to get there early.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like to pay an outrageous price for a crappy hotel room and then bum a ride and tailgate spot from SQ

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n25408 said:
I like to pay an outrageous price for a crappy hotel room and then bum a ride and tailgate spot from SQ

You can bum a ride from me any time!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
-THE DUDE-;n25408 said:

:ugh:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n25409 said:

As long as he doesn't mind the side car passenger.

galv5Il.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n25462 said:
I've seen this van on campus... is it yours?
WOW-creepy-van.jpg

That's even more disturbing. :eek:hnoes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator