GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
[My wife is in the] 5% that is not abusing them, and truly needs them to even function.

[W]e still have to be concerned about those who really need it higher than normal pain pills to function every day. She has told me that if the govt/dr takes away her pain meds, she will not be able to live and will most likely take her own life.

This is what and who our focus as a country should be on.

I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's condition, Windy. That's heartbreaking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My post was from memory of reading an article here and an article there over the last several years. I don't remember those specific articles. Here's a few off a quick Google search:

Ex-doctor may face 157 years for overprescribing pain pills

NKY doctor convicted of dispensing over 300,000 oxycodone tablets

Simpson County doctor sentenced 50 months for drug trafficking
Dude, those arent people prescribing a few more pills to somebody with back pain. Those are guys that are absolute drug traffickers using their medical license as a disguise.

I've been in the business or associated with people who are still in the business for 20 years and I've known exactly one doctor to get prosecuted. he was selling prescriptions without office visits, handing them out at will, and trading prescriptions for sex regularly. That is what it takes to get thrown in jail by the DEA.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
We had a pt come in a few years back after EFORCE had been implemented. They had 11 pages of visits where they were prescribed opiates mainly tramadol which is pretty light unless mixed with other things like alcohol. On 3 pages the Dr printed out in order to show the pt why they werent getting their meds there were 42 visits with scripts ranging from 30 to 120 pills per visit. I'm not sure how an MD could know that before the opiate database

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed.

However, the reality is that even pretty extreme violations of over prescribing result in at worst the DEA number getting pulled, which obviously is not insignificant.

However people who go to prison end up having real criminal investigations involved, bad guys getting wired up and making essentially regular dope deals with these doctors, meeting a doctor someplace shady, agreeing get thousands of dollars for a stack or scripts. or even the doctor themselves trading scripts for pills to feed their own habit.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the other thing is for a pretty long time now like since the late 90s street pills haven't been real pills. they are NOT diversions from prescriptions for the most part.

Most are pressed pills (not pharmacy stuff) made of codeine or now fentanyl and sold as various legitimate pills. Those are probably 50 to 1 on the street, if not even less common than that.

For a while all the street pills pharmacy diversions were coming from Canadia but that's died down. even Canadia is finally slowing down on giving their people pain pills by the pound (cheaper than real medical care).

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
the other thing is for a pretty long time now like since the late 90s street pills haven't been real pills. they are NOT diversions from prescriptions for the most part.

Most are pressed pills (not pharmacy stuff) made of codeine or now fentanyl and sold as various legitimate pills. Those are probably 50 to 1 on the street, if not even less common than that.

For a while all the street pills pharmacy diversions were coming from Canadia but that's died down. even Canadia is finally slowing down on giving their people pain pills by the pound (cheaper than real medical care).

I've been a medic since 2010. When I first started we were finding overdose patients, mainly younger people all over the place. I will say that when the attention focused on Florida and the pill mill situation things quieted down for a short time before we had a massive shift to overdoses from injectables. It has slowed a bit but still significantly higher than when I started.

I'm not sure how overdoses are classified but as you mentioned before regarding street pills, the spikes we see now are usually bad batches that come through town or are laces with fentanyl, carfentanil, etc etc.

I'm also not sure how many functional people that have been prescribed opiates in pill form make that leap to injectables as that doesn't seem likely or at least common for someone to do with out any prior history of needle use

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not sure how many functional people that have been prescribed opiates in pill form make that leap to injectables as that doesn't seem likely or at least common for someone to do with out any prior history of needle use
once they get addicted things like needles and prostitution are pretty common in my experience, more common than not IMO. tuere is really only one way for a young girl to pay for the habit. chasing the dragon becomes all that matters.

pimps like to brag they can turn out anyone if they can get her to take the first few pills. they especially love the challenge of a clean suburban girl or even a professional. Obviously they are worth more bc they dont looked like tatted out and nasty like trailer trash or ghetto girls.

drug cartels love heroin because of the fierce need for more supply needed exponentially as soon a person gets hooked. as they say, the first three or four doses are free, pills or not.

you will probably laugh to know that when I was a medic in the early 90s I think I saw no more than one or two opioid overdoses in a year.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im surprised the government is even concerned with any of this. They are normally on the side of population control. Maybe they enjoy watching chronic pain sufferers be miserable.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
once they get addicted things like needles and prostitution are pretty common in my experience, more common than not IMO. tuere is really only one way for a young girl to pay for the habit. chasing the dragon becomes all that matters.

pimps like to brag they can turn out anyone if they can get her to take the first few pills. they especially love the challenge of a clean suburban girl or even a professional. Obviously they are worth more bc they dont looked like tatted out and nasty like trailer trash or ghetto girls.

drug cartels love heroin because of the fierce need for more supply needed exponentially as soon a person gets hooked. as they say, the first three or four doses are free, pills or not.

you will probably laugh to know that when I was a medic in the early 90s I think I saw no more than one or two opioid overdoses in a year.

Wow. We had a bad batch come through this past year. We had I believe 9 or 10 between two districts in one day.

Had one last shift. Blue face. O2sat 50% before reversing it. They are one of the most frequent legit calls we run these days

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im surprised the government is even concerned with any of this. They are normally on the side of population control. Maybe they enjoy watching chronic pain sufferers be miserable.
it's part of the chirade that the pill companies are the problem and not the Mexican drug cartels or that most users are getting hooked at some MDs office. It is a very small percentage even though most people claim it. it sounds better than admitting they were buying them off the street corner.

plaintiffs attorneys cannot sue Mexican drug cartels.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. We had a bad batch come through this past year. We had I believe 9 or 10 between two districts in one day.

Had one last shift. Blue face. O2sat 50% before reversing it. They are one of the most frequent legit calls we run these days
yeah you talkin some rather low IQ individuals cutting fentanyl or carfentanil. it's easy to make a mistake with that sort of potency.

my friend of mine as a case where the drug dealer heard about overdoses and wanted to get his supply from the same supplier that caused the overdoses. street users wanted that fire.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Aslo a little tid bit for the general public here, we have had many overdoses found behind the wheel of vehicles while at stop signs, stop lights, middle of the road etc. Typically if we see what we are responding to we will block the front of the car with the truck so the car will hit the engine instead of running into traffic if that were to happen. Always stay vigilant and keep an eye on the car behind you until it stops. People cannot fathom what gets behind the wheel these days.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
yeah you talkin some rather low IQ individuals cutting fentanyl or carfentanil. it's easy to make a mistake with that sort of potency.

my friend of mine as a case where the drug dealer heard about overdoses and wanted to get his supply from the same supplier that caused the overdoses. street users wanted that fire.

"
Carfentanil or carfentanyl (Wildnil) is an analogue of the popular synthetic opioid analgesic fentanyl, and is one of the most potent opioids known (also the most potent opioid used commercially). Carfentanil was first synthesized in 1974 by a team of chemists at Janssen Pharmaceutica which included Paul Janssen. It has a quantitative potency approximately 10,000 times that of morphine and 100 times that of fentanyl, with activity in humans starting at about 1 microgram. It is marketed under the trade name Wildnil as a general anaesthetic agent for large animals. Carfentanil is intended for large-animal use only as its extreme potency makes it inappropriate for use in humans."

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
"
Carfentanil or carfentanyl (Wildnil) is an analogue of the popular synthetic opioid analgesic fentanyl, and is one of the most potent opioids known (also the most potent opioid used commercially). Carfentanil was first synthesized in 1974 by a team of chemists at Janssen Pharmaceutica which included Paul Janssen. It has a quantitative potency approximately 10,000 times that of morphine and 100 times that of fentanyl, with activity in humans starting at about 1 microgram. It is marketed under the trade name Wildnil as a general anaesthetic agent for large animals. Carfentanil is intended for large-animal use only as its extreme potency makes it inappropriate for use in humans."

Elephant tranquilizer as we were made to understand during an outbreak. Among other large animals obviously but elephant tranq was enough to illustrate its potency

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Street dealers have no way of measuring and very little concept of micrograms vs. mgs. or mg. vs. mcg.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Street dealers have no way of measuring and very little concept of micrograms vs. mgs. or mg. vs. mcg.
Yup, they just cut and pray.

Plus they have no idea how many times their product has been stepped on before it gets to their hands.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or what the product actually is.
Thats a great point too. most of the street level pressed xanax contains fentanyl today. junkies take the zannies to help w the valleys... a lil fentie helps.... and sells better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.