Forsythe is Huge....

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I hope this kid can play because he is a monster!!!

CpgaFt7W8AAjNUH.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The days of sub 300# 3rd, 4th and 5th year offensive linemen are starting to look like a thing of the past.....about time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not much shorter than Trenton Brown who was huge also. I think Brown played in some games for the 49ers last season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGE!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lotsa kids are big, most future IA players are much bigger than their counterparts unless they play on a HS super team. However, this guy is a mountain. He also has an incredible name for a football player.

However, what I like the most is that he played with such an edge. Just a nasty guy on the football field who didn't just want to pancake or dominate his opponent, he seemed to want to crush their will.

You can't teach size or a nasty streak. Can't wait to watch this kid develop. He is probably my favorite kid from the class. I expect him to play some this year, though even he should redshirt.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not to sure about his mobility but damn he would be an imposing figure at RT in the future. I know we need DT's and LB's in a bad way for 2017 but the coaches also need to be eye balling a future stud LT.
With guys the size of Forsythe and Taylor we could opt for the all white uni's more often and call them The White Wall of Florida.....Ground and pound, baby.....

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Not to sure about his mobility but damn he would be an imposing figure at RT in the future. I know we need DT's and LB's in a bad way for 2017 but the coaches also need to be eye balling a future stud LT.
With guys the size of Forsythe and Taylor we could opt for the all white uni's more often and call them The White Wall of Florida.....Ground and pound, baby.....

Or all-blue... The Blue Bulldozers. (I first thought Bluedozers but some might think they're sleeping on the job.)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Yep. An offense dedicated to the run would allow even an idiot like muschamp to succeed. Oh, wait...

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I agree w' Law, i can't wait to watch this kid develop and hopefully dominate. He finishes blocks and has that nasty streak we have missed out on for a while. Could be a stellar OL is Sharpe doesn't leave after this season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yep. An offense dedicated to the run would allow even an idiot like muschamp to succeed. Oh, wait...
FTR I was referencing a nasty, dominating and intimidating style of offensive line play that overwhelms and destroys the will of the defense, ....Not repeatedly having a RB or QB run into the los for little or no gain. The offense that Mac is building will resemble a well balanced system that will lean slightly toward what it's parts do better at that given time. This year we will probably be more pass heavy but if we keep bringing in Behemoth's like Forsythe and Taylor we could go slightly the other way in the next couple of years.

Muschamp and succeed are like oil and water.....

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I agree w' Law, i can't wait to watch this kid develop and hopefully dominate. He finishes blocks and has that nasty streak we have missed out on for a while. Could be a stellar OL is Sharpe doesn't leave after this season.
Don't make it a habit :lol:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
FTR I was referencing a nasty, dominating and intimidating style of offensive line play that overwhelms and destroys the will of the defense, ....Not repeatedly having a RB or QB run into the los for little or no gain. The offense that Mac is building will resemble a well balanced system that will lean slightly toward what it's parts do better at that given time. This year we will probably be more pass heavy but if we keep bringing in Behemoth's like Forsythe and Taylor we could go slightly the other way in the next couple of years.

Muschamp and succeed are like oil and water.....

I was just poking fun.

I don't require a wide open passing attack (I prefer it), but a balanced offense as you describe that keeps the D off guard works for me. I'll bet the Gator D would like it, too.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
He reminds me of Max Starks another mountain of a man. The O-line needs to be the Foundation of our offense you just can't count on great QB play year in year out anymore.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The best part of a balanced offense built around the strength of it's line is when a defensive linemen or LBer gives it his all to get to the QB only to see the ball go downfield and the sticks get moved again.....That sh!t has to get old especially when you can't forget about tackling that 230-240# beast that has been leaving cleat marks all over your body while you're dodging mack trucks wearing football jerseys....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well said fellas. What about a 50/50 balanced attack with OL + RBs ripping off 6-8 yards per run and
surgical carve up passes short and long. Take what they give us as long as they give us what we take.
Bring on that opener. Grow Gators.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
An interesting thing occurred. My daughter's best friend just started college at Valdosta State. Her roommate's boyfriend is...Forsythe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator