Four True Freshmen Could Start On The Line Of Scrimmage Friday

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All of these guys are pretty good for true freshman. When you add the solid play of Callaway and Cronkrite, the 2015 class has out performed its ranking. There are a few more redshirts from this class that will make an impact soon. In two years, we're going to look at this class as the one that turned it around, especially on the LOS. Hopefully the 2016 class will complement it with a bevy of skill players.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...-true-freshmen-on-lines-of-scrimmage-42315934

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, they have all been good for true freshmen. When David Sharpe, who should be a redshirt freshman himself, is the veteran leader, you know how bad it was.

The future is bright IMO. Heard nothing but good things about a couple of other guys on the OL too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Let's hope we are building the second coming of the Great Wall of Florida.

"The Great Wall of Florida" consisted of Lomas Brown (Gator Great, All American, All SEC, Jacobs Trophy), Jeff Zimmerman (All American, All SEC), Crawford Ker (JUCO All American, 2nd team All SEC), Phil Bromley (All SEC), Billy Hinson, and Scott Trimble, a fearsome mass of offensive linemen that paved the way for John L. Williams and Neal Anderson to lead the mighty Gators to what was their first SEC championship."

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm happy because since the 2007 class, none of our classes lived up to their ranking. This one seems to be legit. Getting Ivey/CeCe, who both turned out to be great kids, and not Cowart is a prime example of getting the right guys.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Both sides with 2015 class. I think CeCe and Zuniga will be solid too.
True, and younger Ivie may pan out as well. The elder Ivie is starting to make some nice contributions.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Both sides with 2015 class. I think CeCe and Zuniga will be solid too.

MV5BMTc4MDg2OTEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc4OTExOA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I've always thought Zuniga was solid, myself.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm happy because since the 2007 class, none of our classes lived up to their ranking. This one seems to be legit. Getting Ivey/CeCe, who both turned out to be great kids, and not Cowart is a prime example of getting the right guys.
Maybe Mac is legit. I hope so.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, they have all been good for true freshmen. When David Sharpe, who should be a redshirt freshman himself, is the veteran leader, you know how bad it was.

The future is bright IMO. Heard nothing but good things about a couple of other guys on the OL too.

You've been negative on Sharpe all season. I look forward to him proving you dead wrong in the next couple years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? He's doing relatively well, but he should have redshirted last year. EVERY freshman OL SHOULD redshirt.

All the OL are pretty p9rly RIGHT NOW, measurednagainst other upper classmen laden OLs (yet surprisingly well for three freshmen, a 1aa transfer and a one-armed guy who should have had career ending surgery two years ago). However, I expect them to be pretty good down the road. That doesn't change that they shouldn't be on the field right now, but for our hiring of an idiot Dwag to be HC who wasnt aware yiu had to recruit iffense also.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I hope Mac plays as many young guys as he can without burning redshirts. I don't care about this game. It is a pointless bowl game. Use the game to prepare for next season. So what if we get blown out 42-10. I'd rather the young guys get some valuable on-field experience. Johnson, Ivey, and Jordan should all start. Sit Taylor and play the other freshman back. The same applies on defense.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Mac plays as many young guys as he can without burning redshirts. I don't care about this game. It is a pointless bowl game. Use the game to prepare for next season. So what if we get blown out 42-10. I'd rather the young guys get some valuable on-field experience. Johnson, Ivey, and Jordan should all start. Sit Taylor and play the other freshman back. The same applies on defense.
I agree with a lot of this. However, I want to see Taylor break 1,000 yds. Also, there is something said to winning the bowl game and hitting the offseason with momentum.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Johnson, Ivey, and Jordan should all start.
Well Ivey and Jirdan are starters regardless and Johnson was the first tackle off the bench. They start no matter what imo.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players that have contributed, that won't be back next year, deserve to leave with a win in a Bowl game. It also helps for recruiting! In addition, the notion of not trying to win a game, is counter-intuitive to what Mac is trying to build. Remove that thought from your brains.

:banghead:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all about the extra practice reps for the youngsters, but I like playing the seniors and juniors headed to the draft who have been model teammates. I think Mac has it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.