Fox Sports early Top 25

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/...tate-clemson-top-our-latest-early-top-25.html

1. Alabama
Nick Saban's Tide had six players drafted in the first two rounds and still appear loaded, particularly on defense. Linemen Jonathan Allen, Dalvin Tomlinson, Daron Payne and Da'Shawn Hand and OLB Tim Williams lead another dominant front seven. Running backs Bo Scarborough and Damien Harris were both productive throughout spring. And at this point, does it really matter who wins the quarterback job?

2. Florida State
The 'Noles have found their quarterback, redshirt freshman Deondre Francois, who separated himself in the spring. He'll have the benefit of a veteran receiving corps (Travis Wilson, Bobo Wilson and Kermit Whitfield), and speedy sophomore RB Jacques Patrick should see more carries behind star Dalvin Cook. DeMarcus Walker and Josh Sweat could become the nation's top pair of bookend pass-rushers.

3. Clemson

4. LSU
Junior QB Brandon Harris looked comfortable and avoided mistakes in the Tigers' spring game. His development could make or break an extremely talented team's playoff hopes. New coordinator Dave Aranda's defense is brimming with star power in pass-rusher Arden Key, DT Davon Godchaux, LB Kendell Beckwith and CB Tre'Devious White. And oh yeah, there's that guy Leonard Fournette. He's pretty good.

5. Michigan

6. TCU

7. Oklahoma

8. Tennessee
It's now or never for fourth-year coach Butch Jones' Vols, who return 17 starters from a team that won their last six games in 2015. New DC Bob Shoop, formerly of Penn State, inherits top-flight players like DE Derek Barnett, LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin and CB Cam Sutton. Meanwhile, QB Josh Dobbs is back to lead an offense highlighted by the tailback tandem of Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara.

9. Ohio State

10. Ole Miss
The Rebels lost their biggest stars in first-round picks Laremy Tunsil, Laquon Treadwell and Robert Nkemdiche, but there's still plenty of talent in Oxford. QB Chad Kelly looks to continue his late-season tear, with help from WRs Damore'ea Stringfellow and Quincy Adeboyejo and TE Evan Engram. Five-star true freshman Greg Little may need to take over at left tackle. Only five starters return on defense.

11. Stanford

12. Baylor

13. Notre Dame

14. Houston

15. Michigan State

16. Washington

17. Georgia
Touted freshman QB Jacob Eason did nothing to temper the hype with his solid spring game performance, but he's not likely to take over and excel right from Week 1. Star RB Nick Chubb is recovering rapidly from last year's knee injury. Coach Kirby Smart seems concerned about the O-line. Georgia's defense lost several standouts, but in general the personnel fits well Smart's preferred scheme.

18. North Carolina

19. Washington State

20. Louisville

21. USC

22. Oregon

23. Florida
Despite losing several star players, the Gators should be very good on defense again, starting with CB Jalen Tarbor and DE Bryan Cox Jr. Sophomore DE CeCe Jefferson is poised for a breakout. Likely new starter Luke Del Rio should be a major upgrade at quarterback, but the offensive line remains a question mark. The Gators do have the makings of a solid backfield, led by sophomore Jordan Cronkite.

24. Iowa

25. Texas A&M

Oklahoma grad transfer and former Sugar Bowl MVP Trevor Knight came in and rescued the Aggies at quarterback. He'll be throwing to stud sophomore Christian Kirk and Josh Reynolds. Star DE Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall combined for 19.5 sacks last season, but the Aggies need to shore up a woeful run defense. LB Otaro Alaka's return from injury and sophomore LB Richard Moore's emergence should help.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Perfect. I want Mac to post this in the locker room. And I want ut and uga to have unrealistic expectations. If we don't have critical injuries, I think we "upset" a few people.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Under the radar like last year. I love it. I think we surprise the "experts" again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Perfect. I want Mac to post this in the locker room. And I want ut and uga to have unrealistic expectations. If we don't have critical injuries, I think we "upset" a few people.

I think Tenn is most likely to not meet expectations once again.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Man someone's been hittin the silly pipe....UGA, Ole Miss, and TAMU all finish unranked and probably .500 or below...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee.....

baby-laughing-hysterically-o.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Tenn is most likely to not meet expectations once again.

It's amazing to me that people who are paid to watch sports and write opinions and analysis can't see the constant theme with Jones' inability to handle pressurized situations. Losing those games late had as much or more to do with him than anything on the field. Now he enters a season that in many ways resembles one of those 4th quarters he let slip away last year. I do not see them being able to handle the pressure of it being a make or break moment.

The bulldogs at 17 is equally laughable. When you're hoping to not have to rely on a freshman QB--talented or not--that says a lot about where you are. This was a mediocre team last year, and is now in year 1 of a transition. No.

Sadly, 1 and 2 are probably correct.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's amazing to me that people who are paid to watch sports and write opinions and analysis can't see the constant theme with Jones' inability to handle pressurized situations. Losing those games late had as much or more to do with him than anything on the field. Now he enters a season that in many ways resembles one of those 4th quarters he let slip away last year. I do not see them being able to handle the pressure of it being a make or break moment.

The bulldogs at 17 is equally laughable. When you're hoping to not have to rely on a freshman QB--talented or not--that says a lot about where you are. This was a mediocre team last year, and is now in year 1 of a transition. No.

Sadly, 1 and 2 are probably correct.

I agree about Georgia and I think LSU is overrated despite the talent level simply because that QB doesn't seem to have it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Vols may very well **** the bed at that big game in Bristol in week two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can see the Vols losing that game in Bristol as well. Too much unpredictability with Jones. There's more hype on that game in Bristol about where it is rather than how good the teams are. Tech should be worse than a year ago with a new head coach and rebuilding. But I would relish in a Vol loss there. Bytch will shat the bed in his first pressure game vs. UF, again.

UGAly and Ole Piss......unrealistic expectations. And I am hoping the wheels come off the Clown bus.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel Stanford is the most underrated team listed. I don't see a team from 2-10 that they couldn't beat on a neutral field. They also matchup well against
Bama. That would be a good one for sure watching the Bama D VS Mccaffrey. In addition Stanford is usually solid against the run. Most overrated
would have to be the team @17. They played three teams with a pulse last year, and were embarrassed badly by two of them. Then blew a large lead
in the other game they weren't blown out in.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I grew up in Bristol and the vol hype in East TN is almost unbearable! VT has a great chance w' a new staff to drop the hammer on Bytch and the vols. I have a great feeling about our Gators. I am really excited to see this year play out!
Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator