Franks living w/ Appleby.....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This really stood out to me:

Just really speaks to how raw both of these kids are. Franks not having a QB coach and Trask not having any QB experience. To bring both of them in in the same year probably was not the best idea.

Probably not but what was the alternative, fewer QBs?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gauging by the pic, Trask should turn some heads by being multi-racial with three arms.

DSC_0050_igyjkw.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, not sure I agree. If you are going to land projects, at any position, you should land as many as you can, and be ready to cut bait if it seems obvious they don't have the stuff.

If you mean it would have been better to recruit a better QB, I agree. However, that wasn't (and still isn't) in the cards. Allen is a huge project too.

We had no QBs with ANY real college experience. I get a raw QB like Trask or Franks (I prefer Franks - lots of hs experience as well as big game experience and TDs). But to go with a quarterback that needs a lot of polishing and then one who has never really played (along with a QB that was not particularly good at Purdue and another QB that's bounced between multiple programs and never really started anywhere) - maybe, just maybe - it would've been a good idea to bring in somebody who really understood the position and played in high school.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No. Better QBs.

I agree but if better QB's were an option would not our coaches gotten them? That was the point everything is options and how you get the best players is a great question. I sure don't know how to do that if I did well the Gators would have all be best players in every sport.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember Urban changing the offense on the open week, but my memory is not that reliable so perhaps some other poster could confirm or deny.

Yes you are correct. Leak was having some difficulty, if not getting protection. That's when Billy Latsko came on the scene. Simply putting in a FB really helped Leak. Not sure how much of the offense changed but the read option stuff was severely slimmed down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course the real question was why he went into the season thinking he was going to run the option w Leak (or Brantley).

Adding the FB had to do with his running scheme not otherwise working in the SEC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember Urban changing the offense on the open week, but my memory is not that reliable so perhaps some other poster could confirm or deny.

An Open week after having Leak for a full year before that point. It shouldn't have been new news at the point of the open week in 2006, being Leak was the quarterback all of 2005. Why did we go into the season thinking Leak was a runner?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
An Open week after having Leak for a full year before that point. It shouldn't have been new news at the point of the open week in 2006, being Leak was the quarterback all of 2005. Why did we go into the season thinking Leak was a runner?

Thanks but perhaps because he was in HS is what I thought. I believe that a fullback like Billy would make a large difference in our offense.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
What I heard was the offense is complicated and nobody is on the same page...:)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care about dude's living situations

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Lasko is an criminally underrated Gator.

Not by me. He made some very big plays himself, he blocked allowing other big plays, he was great in the classroom and on the building site. Without his contributions we would have much less success. I seem to remember a fake punt that he was involved with and some pass in the flat in a critical situation. Could be incorrect as my memory is questionable, perhaps someone else can confirm or deny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator