Franks to be named starter?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They're going to try and get Franks to play more instinctively and to run as often as he feels comfortable. We'll see how that translates.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So Franks beat out a true freshman and a guy that hasn’t played since he was a junior in high school. Should people really be surprised by this decision? Deep down most knew this was gonna be Mullen’s choice, just like deep down most know Franks will ultimately be a disappointment.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well come Saturday night Franks might be on "short-leash" with the fans. When he messes up, he might get some boos right off. When folks have known that QB is UF's big holdback, they are primed to go off. I'll be watching expectantly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's going to be plenty of sloppy play to go around on Saturday, enough to bring out the annoying "I told ya so" crowd and inspire tons of infighting on this board in spite of the win and in spite of it being a meaningless game in a hugely transitional year.

And, alas, we'll know the longest offseason is mercifully over.

Billgator

Mar 25, 2016
Ugh.
What was Nick Saban's opinion at Sunday dinner?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
However, there is the possibility that Mullen's running QB schemes light Franks' fuse and he starts to develop all around.?? I'd really prefer to watch for that, rather than watch for his failure.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m just hoping he doesn’t waste the opportunity (or our receivers ability)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who the starter is for Charleston Southern is irrelevant. All QBs are going to play at some point Saturday.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
He can't read defensive secondaries, so there's little reason for me to believe he'll be any better in a read option other than the possibility that less time reading for Feleipe Franks means a better time for the offense as a whole. My guess is that's what the coaching staff is banking on.
Well, at least Franks is nice and tall!

01313_2pjDTY0QKEd_600x450.jpg

"GEE! SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT RUNT TREON WHAT'S-HIS-
NAME!"

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to win. I could care less about some great triumph story. Who gives us the best shot? Whomever that is...let's get behind the kid and cheer him on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator