Freeze haters

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n283445 said:
Obviously that was a typo. I'm using a mobile, it happens.
Secondly, what Tunsil matter? I'd like to see it. Third, the rest of your post is an assumption. You really think it's so rare for players to make connections to coaches like Freeze? They are still in the SEC you know, it's not like he's coaching some doormat WAC team.

This Matter

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Lots of reasons Freeze should have been at the top of the list, however, I was always of the opinion that a) he wouldn't leave MS and b) it would be a mistake to bring his brand of holy-roller, hellfire and inspiration to UF. He fits like a glove at Ole Miss, but wearing your religion on your sleeve isn't the best fit at UF. That's just based on my experience living in different places in the south outside of G'ville.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n283446 said:
You lost me at the "black kids won't play for a Rebel flag school" theory. Black kids have been playing there for years.

I understand that. I'm just pointing out that the Civil War and Confederate History has become more of an issue than ever. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the future. Not all of those kids were kids that had every D1 school begging them to come play there either. Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell are all 5-star players. Any school will take them. It's not like you are down to chosing Ole Miss or Marshall like average players may have in the past.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n283458 said:
Lots of reasons Freeze should have been at the top of the list, however, I was always of the opinion that a) he wouldn't leave MS and b) it would be a mistake to bring his brand of holy-roller, hellfire and inspiration to UF. He fits like a glove at Ole Miss, but wearing your religion on your sleeve isn't the best fit at UF. That's just based on my experience living in different places in the south outside of G'ville.

Yeah, Gator fans don't love people who are super religious.

Tebowing.jpg

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n283447 said:
Playing devil's advocate, in the last 5 years, UF, OKalahoma, Texas, USC, and many others haven't been the same program. So it might be enticing to go elsewhere.

I guess you have a point, but it's not like Ole Miss has ever done anything either. Heck they never beat Alabama twice in a row until this year.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hugh Freeze is crazy and I'm glad he's still the coach of Ole Miss.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283463 said:
I guess you have a point, but it's not like Ole Miss has ever done anything either. Heck they never beat Alabama twice in a row until this year.

And those kids can say they were part of doing that... Spurrier used to use the they never won a SEC championship at Florida while recruiting, until they did it. Some kids want that challenge. If you have a personality to sell that challenge, it's enticing.

Now would it surprise me if a recruit was getting money, it wouldn't surprise me if any P5 school was giving recruits money (including Florida).

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n283470 said:
And those kids can say they were part of doing that... Spurrier used to use the they never won a SEC championship at Florida while recruiting, until they did it. Some kids want that challenge. If you have a personality to sell that challenge, it's enticing.

Now would it surprise me if a recruit was getting money, it wouldn't surprise me if any P5 school was giving recruits money (including Florida).

UUUUUMMMM....I guess, but with Spurrier most of those kids were from the State or lived in the state for awhile playing HS ball. The Kevin Carter's, Danny Wuerffel, etc. These 5 stars coming to Ole Miss are not from Mississippi.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283479 said:
UUUUUMMMM....I guess, but with Spurrier most of those kids were from the State or lived in the state for awhile playing HS ball. The Kevin Carter's, Danny Wuerffel, etc. These 5 stars coming to Ole Miss are not from Mississippi.

Places where their normal teams are down, and have questionable coaching. If you were an offensive player in Florida, would you want to play for UM, UF or FSU in the last 5 years? How was what they were putting on the field going to get you into the NFL? Freeze could show people the film of what he did at Arkansas State and then what they started to do his first year at Old Piss. Knowing they were going to play on National TV with the SEC. Getting an opportunity to play right away because of the vacuum of talent after Nutt left. The real question is can he keep it up, because that is where the other coaches have failed.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
g8trs99;n283430 said:
All the Freeze lovers may want to hold off on posting too much in your face type material until the Laremy Tunsil issues get cleared. Where there is smoke there is fire. I for one don't feel things are on the up and up in Ole Miss. Take Tunsil as an example. Fine so UF is struggling so maybe he skips out on UF, but to rip a kid out of North Florida when UF, FSU, Bama, Miami, and UGA are beating down his door to go to Ole Miss a school that struggles to be average? Lake City Columbia has always sent kids to FSU and UF. Then they pull in Nkemdiche, sure his brother was there, but brothers split up all the time. You have a 5-star Laquon Treadwell from I believe Illinois.....come on. Listen, with all the attention the Rebel Flag has gotten in the press lately, and you have university whose southern roots run so deep that it used to have a Confederate Solider as its mascot, and still uses the name Rebels, yet you have black kids from all over the US beating down the door to play here? I know Freeze has spoken out aginst the flag and what not, but am I the only one who thinks there is a "bag man" running aroun Oxford?

Just a second, let me break this down a bit.

Then they pull in Nkemdiche, sure his brother was there, but brothers split up all the time - will you say the same about Nate Craig-Myers? Or are you hoping the brothers go together? I'm not going to bother looking up brothers and who committed to the same school vs didn't. Depending upon what you choose to google you'll get stats to back up either case. My gut feel is if an older brother likes where he's at, the family will enjoy only travelling to one school's games. Btw, what happened to Daniel Imatorbhebhe?

still uses the name Rebels, yet you have black kids from all over the US beating down the door - As others have pointed out, there have been blacks going to that school for many, many years and it doesn't appear to have been an issue. Likewise, the kids you named all committed before the latest public outcry began, so that wouldn't have been a factor either.

but to rip a kid out of North Florida when UF, FSU, Bama, Miami, and UGA are beating down his door to go to Ole Miss - Again, you're looking at recent recruits. How many 4* and 5* kids did they used to get before Freeze? He was able to do the same things Spurrier did (as others have noted) in saying "YOU can be part of the teams that make this program historic". Yes, there's some charisma required in recruiting those kids, but you also offer them a chance to be in THE strongest conference. For any school other than Vandy, a player commits knowing he'll be playing among the best and that provides the visibility and opportunity to make it to the NFL. For Vandy, I'd bet academics are the primary factor for selection, and the SEC competition is a nice bonus. And, in looking at those recent recruits, you're looking at schools that are either down (MIA, UF) or where the competition is too damn hard to get significant playing time (FSU, Bama). There's plenty of reasons for kids to choose Ole Miss.

g8trs99;n283453 said:

Broken link is broken. Try this one. Also, here's part of the article for reference:

The NCAA began investigating Tunsil in July after it spoke with his stepfather, Lindsey Miller. Tunsil was arrested in late June after allegedly punching Miller. Tunsil said he was protecting his mother, whom Miller had pushed. According to Miller, the argument between him and Tunsil's mother stemmed from Tunsil "riding around with football agents."

Miller also claims that he knows of violations that took place during Tunsil's recruitment to Ole Miss. The school is cooperating with the NCAA in its investigation.

So....the man he fought with in defending his mother is the one saying there are violations that he knows of. Yeah, there's an unbiased bystander's opinion on it. No surprise the school has cooperated fully and held him out as a precaution. Now, setting aside Tunsil's situation as a personal inter-family issue that has hinted at school misdoings, can you name any other kid where the program has been accused of misdoings?

g8trs99;n283479 said:
These 5 stars coming to Ole Miss are not from Mississippi.

We've touched on the reason kids might leave FL (or surrounding geography) to go to Ole Miss and the opportunities it presents. Let's address the flip side of your statement - how many five stars are there in Mississippi? How many are there ever? Ole Miss and MSU are forced to recruit outside their state for talent. Is that so strange?

Last thing - despite all my points above, I would be wholly unsurprised to find there is a bag man operation in place at Ole Miss. Knowing what we do about CAM and the MSU bag man, Ole Miss would likely have similar operations in place in order to compete. This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
TLB;n283486 said:
Just a second, let me break this down a bit.

Then they pull in Nkemdiche, sure his brother was there, but brothers split up all the time - will you say the same about Nate Craig-Myers? Or are you hoping the brothers go together? I'm not going to bother looking up brothers and who committed to the same school vs didn't. Depending upon what you choose to google you'll get stats to back up either case. My gut feel is if an older brother likes where he's at, the family will enjoy only travelling to one school's games. Btw, what happened to Daniel Imatorbhebhe?

still uses the name Rebels, yet you have black kids from all over the US beating down the door - As others have pointed out, there have been blacks going to that school for many, many years and it doesn't appear to have been an issue. Likewise, the kids you named all committed before the latest public outcry began, so that wouldn't have been a factor either.

but to rip a kid out of North Florida when UF, FSU, Bama, Miami, and UGA are beating down his door to go to Ole Miss - Again, you're looking at recent recruits. How many 4* and 5* kids did they used to get before Freeze? He was able to do the same things Spurrier did (as others have noted) in saying "YOU can be part of the teams that make this program historic". Yes, there's some charisma required in recruiting those kids, but you also offer them a chance to be in THE strongest conference. For any school other than Vandy, a player commits knowing he'll be playing among the best and that provides the visibility and opportunity to make it to the NFL. For Vandy, I'd bet academics are the primary factor for selection, and the SEC competition is a nice bonus. And, in looking at those recent recruits, you're looking at schools that are either down (MIA, UF) or where the competition is too damn hard to get significant playing time (FSU, Bama). There's plenty of reasons for kids to choose Ole Miss.

Broken link is broken. Try this one. Also, here's part of the article for reference:

So....the man he fought with in defending his mother is the one saying there are violations that he knows of. Yeah, there's an unbiased bystander's opinion on it. No surprise the school has cooperated fully and held him out as a precaution. Now, setting aside Tunsil's situation as a personal inter-family issue that has hinted at school misdoings, can you name any other kid where the program has been accused of misdoings?

We've touched on the reason kids might leave FL (or surrounding geography) to go to Ole Miss and the opportunities it presents. Let's address the flip side of your statement - how many five stars are there in Mississippi? How many are there ever? Ole Miss and MSU are forced to recruit outside their state for talent. Is that so strange?

Last thing - despite all my points above, I would be wholly unsurprised to find there is a bag man operation in place at Ole Miss. Knowing what we do about CAM and the MSU bag man, Ole Miss would likely have similar operations in place in order to compete. This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

No this one is due to getting a loaner car. I thought I was posting on a Gator Board. Must have ended up clicking on the Rebel board with some of the love you all have for Freeze and the Reb's.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n283482 said:
Places where their normal teams are down, and have questionable coaching. If you were an offensive player in Florida, would you want to play for UM, UF or FSU in the last 5 years? How was what they were putting on the field going to get you into the NFL? Freeze could show people the film of what he did at Arkansas State and then what they started to do his first year at Old Piss. Knowing they were going to play on National TV with the SEC. Getting an opportunity to play right away because of the vacuum of talent after Nutt left. The real question is can he keep it up, because that is where the other coaches have failed.

? FSU won a National Title in the last 5, and played in a playoff last year? In the last 10 years UM, FSU and UF are all in the top 10 of getting players to the NFL. OLE MISS not so much.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283502 said:
No this one is due to getting a loaner car.
I'm sure all the biggest players will be getting in line to go to Ole Miss knowing they'll get to keep their loaner car just a little while longer.
This doesn't exactly set the world on fire, nor does it necessarily reflect directly on the program itself.
I'll be interested to know what "for an extended period" really means...days, weeks, months?
If you are relying on this to be the downfall of Hugh Freeze, you're going to be awfully disappointed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283504 said:
? FSU won a National Title in the last 5, and played in a playoff last year? In the last 10 years UM, FSU and UF are all in the top 10 of getting players to the NFL. OLE MISS not so much.

FSU, caught lighting in a bottle, but before those two years, where were they? We aren't talking the last 10, we are talking the last 5, infact the last 4 recruiting cycles. So who would you rather be coached by Muschamp or Freeze? Al Golden and Miami or Freeze in the SEC? Jimbo who except for 2 years with Jameis has been a cluster as a offense or defense or Ole Miss in the SEC. Where are you going to get the TV coverage, SEC or ACC. Where can you start playing right away... These decisions are made on multiple levels, lets not pretend we know all the reasonings.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n283512 said:
I'm sure all the biggest players will be getting in line to go to Ole Miss knowing they'll get to keep their loaner car just a little while longer.
This doesn't exactly set the world on fire, nor does it necessarily reflect directly on the program itself.
I'll be interested to know what "for an extended period" really means...days, weeks, months?
If you are relying on this to be the downfall of Hugh Freeze, you're going to be awfully disappointed.

You are right the loaner car is one thing, but most dealers don't give loaners unless your original car is pretty high end or new. Lexus, Mercedes ect or you buy a new car from them. If you bring your old busted used piece of junk from Lake City in for service a dealer will not give you a loaner to the normal person. I believe the NCAA defines that as impermissible benefits??? We shall see. Freeze came in on unscrupulous terms under a previous regime (landing Michael Oher) wouldn't surprise me if he went out on unscrupulous terms as well. Will we be having an Ole Miss game thread every week? I mean we have so many Ole Miss / Hugh Freeze fans on the board it may get some more clicks. Just a thought.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283522 said:
You are right the loaner car is one thing, but most dealers don't give loaners unless your original car is pretty high end or new. Lexus, Mercedes ect or you buy a new car from them. If you bring your old busted used piece of junk from Lake City in for service a dealer will not give you a loaner to the normal person. I believe the NCAA defines that as impermissible benefits??? We shall see. Freeze came in on unscrupulous terms under a previous regime (landing Michael Oher) wouldn't surprise me if he went out on unscrupulous terms as well. Will we be having an Ole Miss game thread every week? I mean we have so many Ole Miss / Hugh Freeze fans on the board it may get some more clicks. Just a thought.

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on the loaner car assumption you make, primarily because of the fact that my wife and I recently bought a used Hyundai that needed to go back to the dealership 3 times, and guess what...they gave us a loaner car each time.
Loaner cars will vary depending on the individual dealership. That's not to say that maybe the dealership let the kid keep the car a little longer than the kid needed it, but again, this isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
You are also assuming that he brought some old junker from Lake City in for repair. How are you certain that he and his family didn't purchase a used vehicle from that dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator