Gator Baseball drops another to UT

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
As I mentioned in the thread about Cover 2's recovery, people read things as they want to. I said that neither Butters or Mike appear to physically practice the mental aspects of the game, and did not say fundamentals. You are correct that both Butters and Mike's teams are not fundamentally sound in some areas, but my specific post cited mental aspects, not fundamentals.. Fundamentals and the mental aspects of the game are two separate things, but I thank you for misconstruing.

Fundamentals and the mental aspects go hand in hand. Regardless, to think White doesn't focus on either is a reach even by your standards. You're trying to speak negatively about our coaches, I don't think I misconstrued that part ;)

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The team falls to 20-11 and 5-6 in the SEC. O'Sullivan is coasting knowing there's still 9 yrs and $4.5M left on his contract. Another great move by the World's best AD ever in Foley.
Da fuq is wrong with you?

You need Silky to hook you up with some strange?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Talk about fundamentals, UNC wins the NC while missing basic free throws left and right and stupid mental turnovers left and right. OWNED and DESTROYED!!

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the Saturday night game. There were so many base running blunders...run downs, not taking an extra base that cost them a run, that sort. They out hit Tennessee almost 2-1 but they ended up losing in extra innings. I left after they had the bases loaded in the 9th and couldn't capitalize (kid's bedtimes) so I didn't see Tennessee score in the 10th to win it.

Oh well. They'll get the kids back from suspension, figure it out by the postseason and somehow fumble their way back to Omaha yet again. But I definitely didn't get the feel that this is a dominant team like it has been the past few years.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to some of all three games and was totally disgusted by the entire play of the team. Suspensions aside, this team is playing flat out awful. Very seldom gets a guy home to score from 3rd base and less than 2 outs. Horrible base running all weekend. I sometimes wonder if Sully practices fundamentals at all. But in fairness to Sully, the coaches of our other 2 large men's sports do not physically practice the mental aspects of the game, so why should Sully? The bullpen is absolutely horrendous, so if Faedo, Singer and Kowar do not pitch lights out, this team has no chance. Hell UT struck out 18 times Friday nite and still won the game. No disrespect here, but when Ryan Larson is your best hitter, that says it all. Sully has again displayed his inability to manufacture runs this season and we have discussed that ad nauseum. I am now convinced that Sully is good enough to get us there b/c of starting pitching alone, but on the big stage, we will never be fundamentally sound enough to get over the top.

And lastly, to make the weekend a complete debacle, who did I walk past while leaving Sunday's game? Yes that is right, none other than FOOLEY himself, disguised in a floppy rain hat and sunglasses, not wanting to be recognized. I thought he retired so just leave already!!!!!

You are seeing what I am seeing.
J.J. Schwartz has figured out how to become a progressively worse player every year. Not sure I have seen a player peak at 18 before.

Can somebody please make Foley go away already?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering what took you so long Ox

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads