Gator Basketball

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just looking at tonight's game. Yale beat UConn the other night - if we lose to Yale it may almost be over as far as the NCAA tournament goes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n128101 said:
Just looking at tonight's game. Yale beat UConn the other night - if we lose to Yale it may almost be over as far as the NCAA tournament goes.

:panic:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team is not very good right now. They have not spent time playing together and it shows. There is little depth and our best scorer "Carter" has been hurt. I'm not sure how much Murphy is going to help other than I'd rather have him than Kurtz. Don't get me wrong... Kurtz is great for what he is and plays hard, but he isn't a D1 scholarship level athlete.

I don't think Murphy is much of a shooter... more of a slasher, but if he can get in the lane and create it may open things up for the shooters. Hopefully Robinson will continue to grow as well.

Like others have said... Chris Walker is very raw. He doesn't seem to have a good understanding of how to really play basketball. I hope he grows over the course of the year and stays a bit. He needs to stay or he will have a very short NBA career.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n128108 said:
This team is not very good right now. They have not spent time playing together and it shows. There is little depth and our best scorer "Carter" has been hurt. I'm not sure how much Murphy is going to help other than I'd rather have him than Kurtz. Don't get me wrong... Kurtz is great for what he is and plays hard, but he isn't a D1 scholarship level athlete.

I don't think Murphy is much of a shooter... more of a slasher, but if he can get in the lane and create it may open things up for the shooters. Hopefully Robinson will continue to grow as well.

Like others have said... Chris Walker is very raw. He doesn't seem to have a good understanding of how to really play basketball. I hope he grows over the course of the year and stays a bit. He needs to stay or he will have a very short NBA career.

I know it looks pretty bad. I just don't see us waiting until SEC time and just rolling then either. I thought we had a tournament team for sure this season but its not looking like it so far.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chris walker would be playing in Europe if he leaves after this season. There's no where for him to go. He's crazy athletic and has great size but he's struggling to give us a good 15 minutes. I don't think he's ever going to the nba talent he was projected to be. But if he continues to work hard he could have a Patric young type impact.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Walker is the polar opposite of Patric, in a good way. He has touch, leaps and low post moves. He needs the ball inside. He also is struggling with defense and not being the "man". Rebounding like a maniac would be a good place for him to build confidence.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n128145 said:
Walker is the polar opposite of Patric, in a good way. He has touch, leaps and low post moves. He needs the ball inside. He also is struggling with defense and not being the "man". Rebounding like a maniac would be a good place for him to build confidence.

Are we watching the same player? :headscratch:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heard Billy got after them at the morning walkthrough this morning. Played a total game tonight, so it must have been a pretty good wake up call...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When is Alex Murphy eligible?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n128594 said:
When is Alex Murphy eligible?

Pretty sure he'll be eligible in a couple weeks. I know it's before the end of December.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Walker also appears to be out of shape which I really can't understand. I know they do a lot of weight work but seems running sprints would be essential as well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At least Walker is finally catching on a little when it comes to scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.