Gator Pride

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a long damn time since I saw Gator flags flying from cars during the middle of the week. Just in general I'm seeing more Gator apparel being worn than the past few. Just a refreshing feeling of pride being seen and expressed since the season started.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not many here who can remember, but it feels sort of like 1980. HOW 'BOUT THEM GATORS stickers were everywhere and the energy was back. It feels the same.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
alcoholica;n293246 said:
It's been a long damn time since I saw Gator flags flying from cars during the middle of the week. Just in general I'm seeing more Gator apparel being worn than the past few. Just a refreshing feeling of pride being seen and expressed since the season started.

I never stopped wearing my Gator apparel. And I live in Missouri. Now the folks around here are about to see why. They're not talking smack now.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n293247]Probably not many here who can remember, but it feels sort of like 1980. HOW 'BOUT THEM GATORS stickers were everywhere and the energy was back. It feels the same. [/QUOTE]
Prolly quite a few on here that were still dancin with their daddy in 1980

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n293247] HOW 'BOUT THEM GATORS stickers [/QUOTE]

Uhh, Ox.

tumblr_lgn6chbBdF1qa6j6co1_500.gif

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My little guy came home from school today, and demanded to have his pic taken with "Gator stuff".

So....what were the kidlets discussing in school?

[Edit: Mason is in the 2nd grade]

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blonde Gator;n293274 said:
My little guy came home from school today, and demanded to have his pic taken with "Gator stuff".

So....what were the kidlets discussing in school?

[Edit: Mason is in the 2nd grade]

You know it's real when the kids can feel it.
:chomp:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n293257 said:
There's a term for this...bandwagon fans.

I wanted someone to say it before I did. Heaven forbid I upset the people who stopped going to games and threw out their O&B stuff because we had a few bad years.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n293247]Probably not many here who can remember, but it feels sort of like 1980. HOW 'BOUT THEM GATORS stickers were everywhere and the energy was back. It feels the same. [/QUOTE]

I remember those "GIVE 'EM HELL PELL" stickers too.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n293347 said:
I wanted someone to say it before I did. Heaven forbid I upset the people who stopped going to games and threw out their O&B stuff because we had a few bad years.

I never quit wearing my Gator Gear, even during the darkest times!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n293359 said:
I never quit wearing my Gator Gear, even during the darkest times!

And if you went to a game during a bad stretch, you got there early and stayed until the bitter end too. I have never understood 'fans' of any sport who show up late and leave early. Pure horse ****.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
MissouriGator;n293250 said:
I never stopped wearing my Gator apparel. And I live in Missouri. Now the folks around here are about to see why. They're not talking smack now.

We owe them a good no-lube reaming, and it's time to pay the Pooper Piper. And Sam doesn't play there anymore, so they won't even enjoy it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I never stopped wearing my Gator gear. Still use the flags on the car and change my front plate with the annual Booster plate.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Let me get this right: spending money on team apparel in the good years is a sign of being a bad fan? You a bandwagon fan just because you now have something to cheer about? :smh:

The OP isn't an observation about how ****ty the fans are compared you-know-who-you-are, its an observation about how GOOD this team is and how much FUN it is to be a fan again. ftr, I never quit wearing my Gator stuff either, but I'm a lot more likely to buy more of it today than I have in the past two or three years.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n293410 said:
Let me get this right: spending money on team apparel in the good years is a sign of being a bad fan? You a bandwagon fan just because you now have something to cheer about? :smh:

The OP isn't an observation about how ****ty the fans are compared you-know-who-you-are, its an observation about how GOOD this team is and how much FUN it is to be a fan again. ftr, I never quit wearing my Gator stuff either, but I'm a lot more likely to buy more of it today than I have in the past two or three years.

Ahh, yes, only cheering for a team during good years is by definition what a bandwagon fan is. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator