Gator Pride

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
URGatorBait;n293417 said:
Ahh, yes, only cheering for a team during good years is by definition what a bandwagon fan is. lol
I think we're talking about fans cheering louder when they have something to cheer about. About having increased pride in the product on the field. But, if it makes you feel superior to disparage the fans who are rejuvenated, by all means, pump yourself up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Through thin and thick, this ~ $80 annual investment stays.

IMG_20140327_072340959_zps8ea62692.jpg

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
It is weird being in the Army...I guess we have more pride in our teams. The reason I say that is because every year even during the Muschimp years all the Gator Fans I ran into and knew always represented their $#!t. From flags, to T-shirts, to bumper stickers. Then again it maybe that I am always looking for it to get a little piece of "home".

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
WobbleGator;n293433 said:
I can't think of a single year that I haven't bought some type of Gator gear.
Me either. But I'll probably buy even more than usual this year. You guys can't spin that into some kind of flaw in the kind of fan I am. I'm level 20 or something anyway. :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n293455 said:
Me either. But I'll probably buy even more than usual this year. You guys can't spin that into some kind of flaw in the kind of fan I am. I'm level 20 or something anyway. :lol:

Agree with you, Hogtown; it's not only a time to let Gator joy freely flow, but time to acquire all the new fans we can.
Can you imagine the "gotcha" of Gator Pride showing way out in MissouriGator country. That's great PR.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the point I was trying to make is that I haven't seen car flags flown during the middle of the week in a long, long time. Probably 2012. I'm in G'ville nearly everyday, so I don't think you can call it bandwagon fans. there is just some extra pride going around. I don't think the fan base had stopped buying shirts or hats during the Muschamp years.

I think the lack of attendance was completely valid. You can either spend hundreds of dollars on tickets, food, travel, etc to go to a game with your spouse/family and/or friends or you can stay at home and watch it on big screen HD tv with dvr replay. You can drink what you want and eat what you want, and piss whenever you want in the A/C. I don't blame fans for not showing up to watch the BS put on the field.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n293364 said:
And if you went to a game during a bad stretch, you got there early and stayed until the bitter end too. I have never understood 'fans' of any sport who show up late and leave early. Pure horse ****.

I've always got to the stadium early and stayed til the end, b/c I usually only go to one or two games a year, and I want the whole experience, W-L or (in the old days) draw. The only times I've left early were weather related:
  • Zook's first year, 2002, vs Ohio: it poured, and even in Sept, was cold. There was a 45-50 min lightning delay. Came back into seats after the delay, but cold and wet and miserable and Gators comfortably ahead, we left drenched with 10 mins left
  • 2007, W Ky opener: we really had no choice - first time I've ever been at a game that was called by lightning, in this case, up 49-7 with about 8 mins left
  • 2013, Toledo, opener: we weren't doing anything (little did I know it would be a portent of things to come that year), and up something like 24-10? with 7 mins left in excruciating heat, I just left.
  • 2014, UGA: it was cold and getting colder as it got darker. Up 31-7, my wife, a Bulldog, insisted we leave. We did with about 9 mins left. It was windy and really cold in Jax last year
That's it, and my experiences go back to 1973

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's also 'cause it is now justifiable bragging. The prior sign of who were Gator fans was beet-red faces &
neck veins popping out. Then our paraphenalia was busted chalkboards.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n293455 said:

I think you missed the point of this whole thread.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n293420]Through thin and thick, this ~ $80 annual investment stays.

IMG_20140327_072340959_zps8ea62692.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You drive a Mini? :facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;293473 said:
I've always got to the stadium early and stayed til the end, b/c I usually only go to one or two games a year, and I want the whole experience, W-L or (in the old days) draw. The only times I've left early were weather related:
  • Zook's first year, 2002, vs Ohio: it poured, and even in Sept, was cold. There was a 45-50 min lightning delay. Came back into seats after the delay, but cold and wet and miserable and Gators comfortably ahead, we left drenched with 10 mins left
  • 2007, W Ky opener: we really had no choice - first time I've ever been at a game that was called by lightning, in this case, up 49-7 with about 8 mins left
  • 2013, Toledo, opener: we weren't doing anything (little did I know it would be a portent of things to come that year), and up something like 24-10? with 7 mins left in excruciating heat, I just left.
  • 2014, UGA: it was cold and getting colder as it got darker. Up 31-7, my wife, a Bulldog, insisted we leave. We did with about 9 mins left. It was windy and really cold in Jax last year
That's it, and my experiences go back to 1973
That Toledo game was absolutely excruciatingly hot. I don't remember if we stayed to the end or not, might have left a minute or two early. Brutal.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n293507 said:
You drive a Mini? :facepalm:

Might want to reconsider talking car smack with 78........... just sayin'

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n293514 said:
Might want to reconsider talking car smack with 78........... just sayin'

Unless you know something different, that just looks like a Mini. Plus, he seems like someone who'd drive a Mini.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n293526 said:
Unless you know something different, that just looks like a Mini. Plus, he seems like someone who'd drive a Mini.

20150307_103950_zps5ewstf44.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator