Gator QBs since Tebow

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Difference in OC's. Meyer is a great leader of men, but not the best strategy or XO's guy. Also for most of 2010 Meyer was a bit checked out. Addazio couldn't make that change, we needed a different OC.
I know it was Addazio, but he was around in 2006 wasn't he?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tackles and Tight end coach
Right, so he was familiar with the 2006 NC Offense. They had the playbook, so there's really no excuse.

I get what you're saying. The coaches weren't good enough or cared enough to make the effort. I totally agree. I'm just simply pointing out that we had options that weren't used.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right, so he was familiar with the 2006 NC Offense. They had the playbook, so there's really no excuse.

I get what you're saying. The coaches weren't good enough or cared enough to make the effort. I totally agree. I'm just simply pointing out that we had options that weren't used.

Options weren't used, but along with other issues with Addazio don't know if he was smart enough to use the options (might be more a personal opinion about the man than the coach though).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I agree 100%. Meyer should have used a more pro-style offense with Brantley. The reality is that Meyer had Brantley beating out Newton at the time and he should have known his skill set and what would work and what wouldn't. I think sometimes these coaches get stubborn and want to prove their offense works with any type of QB... even though we all know it doesn't!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Original Post Thought
answer: Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays