Gators #1 or 2 in recruiting 9 of the last 10 years?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those are some strong Gator gals there. They are so tough and work so hard. Go Gators!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your title worked. I clicked the link thinking I'd somehow go to Rivals.

A bunch of girls.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The classes Rhonda Faehn brought in were incredibly talented, and took Florida Gymnastics to new heights, knocking Georgia off of their throne and staying a step ahead of Bama most seasons. There was a slight dropoff when Jenny Rowland replaced Rhonda, but it looks as if Jenny is hitting her stride. I'm looking forward to another season of Gator Gymnastics kicking everybody's ass and competing with Oklahoma for another national championship.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Are we #1 because the girls are elite or because we signed six this cycle.
We have a few gym rat gurus and them to chime in. Just asking for a friend.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have nothing against the olympic sports and glad they do well and recruit well, but the top 50 things on the list belong to the sport that PAYS THE FREIGHT!!!!!!!

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Are we #1 because the girls are elite or because we signed six this cycle.
We have a few gym rat gurus and them to chime in. Just asking for a friend.

I don't consider myself a gym rat guru, but I'd say it's a bit of both. UF's top-ranked signing class of 6 that included 2 with US Nationals Team credentials. UGA's class was ranked 2nd with 9 freshmen signees. Third-ranked UCLA also signed quality across their 4 signees.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I don't consider myself a gym rat guru, but I'd say it's a bit of both. UF's top-ranked signing class of 6 that included 2 with US Nationals Team credentials. UGA's class was ranked 2nd with 9 freshmen signees. Third-ranked UCLA also signed quality across their 4 signees.
Do we have one or two close to what we had in McMurtry?

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Do we have one or two close to what we had in McMurtry?

Alex McMurtry was a very special gymnast. She overtrained in her high school years and ended up with 3 spinal stress fractures that sidelined her for awhile. But her combination of training and talent were so high that she was only able to intensely practice for about 1/3 as many hours per week as the rest of the team, but was among the best on the team, alongside Kennedy Baker.

From last year's team, Alicia Boren and Megan Skaggs are among the best. In the new signing class, Trinity Thomas has the most promise, being the first Gator gymnast since 2011 to come in with an international medal under her belt (Bridget Sloan was the one from 2011).

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks no1 I've only been to a few matches, but follow all of them.
My granddaughters just joined a gym and I'm sure they will want to go see the gator girls and was wondering if they would still be elite.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Thanks no1 I've only been to a few matches, but follow all of them.
My granddaughters just joined a gym and I'm sure they will want to go see the gator girls and was wondering if they would still be elite.

I went to a few meets during my time in Gainesville, but really became a fan when my daughter was a competitive gymnast in elementary and middle school, and she was into it, so I was into it. But her bigger passion was ballet, so she went on to become a professional ballerina instead. That was a lot tougher for me as they don’t keep score in ballet.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yes but what are their sammich skills?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online