Gator Basketball Gators bumble their way to a loss against Auburn, bow out of SEC tourney

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Twice in a row I’ve started an official game thread! It’s the best week of my life!

So what’s our seeding if we win/lose?

Name and town if you wish to opine.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Glad we play AU instead of USCe. I think AU is better than USCe, but I think Martin is a better coach than Pearl and think Pearl's teams are more prone to play wild and less fundamental hoops than Martin's teams.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1) Love these one game every day tournaments. Gotta be a great process for our youngsters to learn, for corrective development. (maybe for our coach to learn, too?)

2) Hoping the tiredness-factor burdens our opponents more than us. (poor Locke cursed by hip injury)

3) We need Stokes to be worthy of more minutes. Seems like Stokes could be sacrificed to play tight & rough to get their bigs in foul trouble. At least see if that works as a weapon and as spelling ole "full-speed Hayes".

4) Time to hit good % on our 3s i.e. Allen, Locke, Nembhard, Hudson, KJ.

5) Time to see Hudson play with top-speed & effectiveness.

6) Go Gators, play steady, beat Auburn --- get that 20th win

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It will be a tough game no doubt. We are playing in our 3 game in 3 days and our starters played a ton of minutes this past game in a very physical game. Will we get the benefit of the foul calls this game? Can we limit and/or defend AU's big time 3 point shooting? AU likes to run and gun so we will have to slow the game down and make them use shot clock to frustrate them. ESPN gives AU a 67% chance to beat us so can we pull off the monumental upset? AU beat us pretty good when we played back in January but we are a much different team now. Go Gators!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tired legs might factor into Auburn's 3-point shooting. They're also on their 3rd game in 3 days. I fully believe whichever team wins this game is just walking into a buzzsaw against UK or UT, anyway.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This guy is a complete idiot. I hope our guys kick his azz.

Lpdg1m.gif

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Tired legs might factor into Auburn's 3-point shooting. They're also on their 3rd game in 3 days. I fully believe whichever team wins this game is just walking into a buzzsaw against UK or UT, anyway.
I agree, wouldn't mind if we made a good showing and bowed out and saved our legs for next week, but beating Pearl's sweaty a$$ would be great also.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I’d like another shot at UT....UK not so much.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Auburn today at 1 PM EST on ESPN. Gotta fight and score, while playing defense and rebounding

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Twice in a row I’ve started an official game thread! It’s the best week of my life!

So what’s our seeding if we win/lose?

Name and town if you wish to opine.
Probably a 10 seed currently imo. A 9 seed if we win

In reality we could be a 12 seed play in game right now or if we lose or an 11 or 10. It's all over the place right now

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The winner of an 11 seed play in game would play in Hartford, which is near where I live in Boston. It’d be cool to watch them play up here (I wasn’t up here many years ago when they played at NH).

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is down 5-2 at the under 16 timeout. Not one good look in the half court. Pearl owning this hand off offense

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator