Gator Basketball Gators crushed at home by 0-7 Texas Southern in historic loss

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At home against a winless team and ranked #20 in the country. Fuch you Mike White. Run his sorry ass out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could any replacement coach do worse.?
I guess we should have had financial incentives for not losing to an 0-7 no-directional school.
And there's no defense for this.
Basketball really is about putting the ball in the basket.
Mike White is a basket case that needs adjudicating asap.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I get that there are some games when you just can't do anything right: shots won't fall and the other team seemingly can't miss. But they usually happen against capable basketball teams in P5 conferences who recruit decent players.

There really is no excuse to be blown out by a winless team from a no-name conference. This could easily be the end of the Mike White era--the media attention is on him in a way that it hasn't been before after last night. Tons of "wtf??" articles from journalists who were surprised at the score and finally starting to notice what all of us have been seeing for years. Every loss from here on out will emphasize White's deficiencies.

I wish the best for our team and want us to recover; but the silver lining if we don't is that White can't survive this loss if we don't make the NCAA tournament.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I watched this game, and in the first half I saw players taking quick shots from far out, no thought of running any offense, nobody in position for a rebound. I could understand if one player is over excited and rushing, but it was the whole damn team. Either that was MW's plan for the game or he needed to pull them in as a group and say 'stop this crp, and play like a team'. This is on MW. The players have shown skill, energy and determination, and the ability to win. They were coached not to win. On the other hand, I give great credit to TexSou for coming in ready, staying focused, and taking care of business. They earned the win as much as we earned the loss.

= == = = =

Said this in the Cal game. Since then, we beat tOSU & Troy, then lost to OU and now winless (er, one-win) Tex Southern.

let’s give it time. White has repeatedly killed my hopes, the players dreams, and the student moral every year. Let’s see if this group of transfers can overcome the Mike White Effect. For now, though, I’m going to enjoy the energy this team is bringing.

I think that time is now, as MW is absoluatley killing it. And I don't mean that in a good way.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This was a shocking loss, even for a MW team. Literally one of the worst losses in P5 History, and then when you see that it was at home and a blowout, not a buzzer beater it seems even more unfathomable.

MW is coaching for his life going forward. Only thing likely saving him is Stricklin and company are focused on the new FB hires and opening the standalone so they probably aren't in any hurry to do the whole thing over in basketball. But you would have to think just making the tournament won't be enough to avoid a coaching change after the season.

Just a dreadful loss.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Nearly every statement that idiot Bianchi made in that article is inaccurate.
Although I was never happy about this hire, if I had read this endorsing article I would have been even more disappointed.
The comparisons to Donovan when first hired are comical.
Example: Mentors

Billy Donovan - Rick Pitino

Mike White - Rob Evans

Let that one sink in for a minute.
Let me know if you want to know who the he!! Rob Evans is since I am confident that most have no idea.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has there ever been a collapse as complete and thorough as White's team tonight? Against a winless team? At home? Good god. This is a App State win over Michigan type of loss. A job killing loss. Wow.

Not true. This is much worse.
App State was a championship caliber team in their division. Texas Southern can make no such claims.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greatest Rivalries in Sports:
1. Steelers vs. Ravens
2. Alabama vs. Auburn
3. Mike White vs. Being Ranked

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah I have said the last 3 years that MW has to go and the players should tank the season like the football team did to get rid of him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fuchs this Mother Fuchers. He has to go

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
[QUOTE=
Billy Donovan - Rick Pitino

Mike White - Rob Evans
.[/QUOTE
Pitino is at Iona. I don't care what he's done in the past and if he's only got 5-6 years left, he should be the target. Took Iona to the dance in his first year after they went 12-17 the year before, and he's got a win over Bama this year. HOF coach. Bring in Billy's mentor to get us back where we want to be.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Lol, I don't know if that's actually a good idea, but it might be worth it just to see the reactions from ky fans.

Edit: if he's got 5 years left in the gas tank, that might be enough time to right the ship and have a successor in place.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Admittedly I'm not a basketball fan, but why would it take years to right the ship in this sport? Seems like more than any other sport, BBall is a one and done type thing where all it takes to be great are one or two high level players.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Admittedly I'm not a basketball fan, but why would it take years to right the ship in this sport? Seems like more than any other sport, BBall is a one and done type thing where all it takes to be great are one or two high level players.

I’m a casual bball fan, so I don’t know much… maybe 5 years is more than enough time, idk. However, 1-2 years sounds like a lack of stability unless there’s a very clear plan in place with a HCIW (which hasn’t often worked out well in fb, but who knows?). If anyone can pull it off, Pitino is probably one of the best options to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator