Gator Basketball Gators make list of ESPN Overhyped Basketball Teams

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, general awareness notes that Mike White, if he's anywhere near a decent coach, could have these stars improving at a game that they already are proficient at. ?? Fans should demand such from a $4 million dollar coach. Our high ranked recruits & sophomores must be irritated, frustrated that they're scoring opportunities are such haphazard events, non-set-ups.

White somehow hasn't got the point across to them that teammates should be streaking all through the defense to create an open man for a scoring assist. Plus practicing that over & over with the attached movement of follow-up offensive put backs. That should be practice 'til it's an automatic reflex.

I also think White should experiment with more aggression on offense, unburdened by avoidance of fear of fouling. We have the depth to play very very aggressively if White gets more use out of Jitiboh & Ballard. Just see how these players respond. They have the BBall IQ to make few egregious fouls that serve no purpose. Aggression-dominance just might be their best style. (We know it's energizing from seeing their responses to any teammate dunking.) But White avoids that style because to him basketball is an outside shooters' game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We play a couple of easy-beat teams(?) upcoming, starting tomorrow night Tuesday at 7pm on ESPN2. Time to witness an organized hard-working effort - and some fun at playing their best. Against beatable teams we've stumbled and lost such that they were not playing their best.
Some insist White can't shoot for them. But an HC can instruct a BBall philosophy that promotes outside shooting. Why do you think Blackshear felt OK shooting 6 3s while missing every one? That's White's philosophy imbued in (their) his mind. White does affect their shooting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As for coaching candidates, I have no clue. I assume we would hire another mid-major coach and hope he can recruit.
This is the issue. If we make the tourney again this year, even if we limp in and go one and done. He's got to keep his job imo. Unless we have someone better lined up. The bust rate for these mid major coaches is too high. Atleast we know we have a good recruiter that can get us in the tourney every year. Keep him until we find someone better or until shcit really hits the fan.Now if we miss the tourney, all bets are off.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
According to the latest BB article in the local newspaper, MW has fixed the offensive issues with new mandatory screening and passing. Sounds like we'll be off the overrated list in no time.

We shall see. Besides, my pumpers, have faith. All that really matters is our 2020 NCAA Tourney finish, right? That's all we care about. You're either in the final four or you suck.

Confused? Let me clarify my position. If we don't make it to the Dance, MW should be let go. There I said it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to the latest BB article in the local newspaper, MW has fixed the offensive issues with new mandatory screening and passing. Sounds like we'll be off the overrated list in no time.
OFFENSIVE EXPLOSION coming?

We just have to hit our shots, I've been told.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

We shall see. Besides, my pumpers, have faith. All that really matters is our 2020 NCAA Tourney finish, right? That's all we care about. You're either in the final four or you suck.

Confused? Let me clarify my position. If we don't make it to the Dance, MW should be let go. There I said it.

Not only is it NEW to Mike, it is now Mandatory, LOL. If he had added off the ball player movement, then I would have been 100% certain that he was intently reading the Gatorchatter Forums. Short of that and the player movement he is still a little behind Norman Dale himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator