Gators vs Cats 2014

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Watching this again that defense was absolutely turrible. Lots of coverage bust a prelude for the rest of the season

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1422554451_crocodile_attacks_lion_crossing_the_river.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n252005 said:
Watching this again that defense was absolutely turrible. Lots of coverage bust a prelude for the rest of the season

Can't be. WM is the greatest defensive mind in all of football according to Malzahn.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Watching it on sec network,,looks like d.rob was the only one who showed up. Everyone else including chump took the night off.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
dubster1;n252011 said:
Watching it on sec network,,looks like d.rob was the only one who showed up. Everyone else including chump took the night off.

Dub - why are you doing this to yourself?
I've been watching some Spurrier games from the 90s/early 2000s and I'm so amazed at how well those teams threw downfield.
Take my advice - go back in time a little more, you'll be happy you did.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gatordiddy;n252018 said:
Dub - why are you doing this to yourself?
I've been watching some Spurrier games from the 90s/early 2000s and I'm so amazed at how well those teams threw downfield.
Take my advice - go back in time a little more, you'll be happy you did.

What????????? Football teams used to throw downfield? Will Muschamp lied to me. :gah:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
That was the game I wrote Muschamp off.

I was flipping channels earlier and caught the end of the Gamecock debauchel. The game was won with 2 minutes left on the clock. Then the 2 blocked kicks. Ugh!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to hex us but a lot of talking heads seem to think the KY streak will end this year...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watch the defensive portion of the FSU game instead. The UK game was the 2nd game for that unit and they were understandably raw. By the end of the season they were phenomenal.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes by the end of the season they were really doing well. If UF shows up with some good D, Mac will get us enough offense to win those games. UK and UT need to shut it until they do something on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n252029 said:
My favorite part was all the pumpers trying to justify the moral loss by claiming Kintucky was vastly improved.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n252126 said:
My favorite part was all the pumpers trying to justify the moral loss by claiming Kintucky was vastly improved.
Watching the great defensive mind Will Muschamp have the freakin Kentucky Wildcats move up and down the field with no clue how to stop them was enough for me. I wrote him off by the 3rd quarter of that game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n252126 said:

I remember it well. They said UK was gonna end up like 9-3 and surprise a bunch of teams. :lol:

Dec 10, 2014
GatorTAG;n252029 said:

This topic deserves its own thread in a lot of ways.

My weariness of Chimp began in the '12 season. The Texas A&M victory was nice, but it was before A&M got heated up. The FSU game was one of the better games I've watched from any UF team. Outside of that, the victories were all pretty ugly. The two losses were nightmarish. Still I figured a spring practice under the same OC and a second year under the same offensive system would be the cure.

I was appalled during the Toledo game. That's when the warning signs went from mild to flashing yellow. A couple sides to that Toledo game. If anybody remembers, Chimp was a complete azz in the post-game conference. He basically acted like he was the second coming of Spurrier. That did not sit well with me.

A second side came from the midday tailgate on AM 850. At the time, I was splitting time between Gainesville and St. Augustine, so I heard a lot of Gainesville/Jacksonville sports radio. Jeff Cardozo and Adam Schick were discussing the game, and got into a heated argument. Shick basically said that the Gators were not in a position to play it safe against Toledo and hold back. 1). They needed reps/practice and 2). Muschamp needed to finally blow one of these scrubs out of the water for the fans. Cardozo scolded Schick to no end basically saying he was a greedy fan and overreacting. It got pretty heated. I was definitely in Schick's camp. Then came the Miami debacle. That was it for me. Memories of Georgia the prior year came flooding back. We needed to pound Miami. I could see in year three that there was going to be no offensive improvement under Chimp. The only possible hope was that the blame could rest on Driskel's shoulders. Well we know what happened to him in the next game and the rest is miserable, miserable history.

Went to a Gator club meeting after that Miami game. When the speaker took questions, I asked what the chances were that chimp would get fired. "Zero" was the response, and he was right obviously. He asked me who I would hire at that point. I think that's such a b.s. question. It's not my job to know that. Pure deflection from the speaker who didn't want to get off the bandwagon yet. So I told him Bill Belicheck and the crowd laughed in approval.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n252166 said:
I remember it well. They said UK was gonna end up like 9-3 and surprise a bunch of teams. :lol:

Well they did surprise USCe. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator