Gator Basketball Gators whipped by Tennessee to bow out of the SEC tourney

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is now ahead of us in football, basketball, softball, and baseball is creeping. Here is a thought - maybe the key to being an “all sports” school is to take care of football first.
Amazing how many nonprofit sports thrive when football is bringing hundreds of millions for everyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Already wasted $65 million on the facility so what’s a few more million going to hurt?
Fyi, I had no problem with fixing the tent that basketball was forced to play in. they should have done it in 1998 like they promised Billy D.

I just want them attack football facilities like the disaster they are instead of slowplaying it as if Gators who have given 150 million every year for three decades are suddenly going to sit on our wallets once we get football facilities.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fyi, I had no problem with fixing the tent that basketball was forced to play in. they should have done it in 1998 like they promised Billy D.

I just want them attack football facilities like the disaster they are instead of slowplaying it as if Gators who have given 150 million every year for three decades are suddenly going to sit on our wallets once we get football facilities.

Agree completely.

I was a big supporter of investing in a premier program and I had no issue with a massive increase in ticket prices and boosters fees. However I felt like once Billy left I wasn’t so sure about the investment especially when I saw who was selected to replace him.

As I have said, they built a facility worthy of a hall of fame coach and charge hall of fame prices but you are paying for a training wheels coach thus wasting the investment.

No more money for any sport other than football until it’s fixed or an admission that sports aren’t important anymore.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I'm pretty sure Mann worked more extensively with Ron Larris. He is a Gainesville High School graduate and played ball at Georgia State. He runs a basketball training program locally called "Nothing is given, it's earned".

Yes this sounds more likely. Not disparaging Mike Miller at all. I think it speaks volumes that he was willing to spend time with Mann....I just wondered whether maybe we were overselling it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The takeaway is that, much like strength and conditioning under McElwain, players have to go outside the program to improve their game.
I need someone to explain to me why we pay White millions each year.
———————————————————-

I will say this....there is a proliferation of basketball trainers in today’s bball landscape. Even NBA players get trained by guys who never sniffed an NBA court.

Some are really good....some are ok....too many are simply out to make a buck. Some are downright laughable. It’s where the 15 dribble...go nowhere....BS got started. At the high school and AAU level it is out of control.
But I will admit a great trainer is worth their weight in gold.

But everyone and their brother has an outside trainer now. At the elite level they even have “handlers”....which is code for “go pro” ....which is code for “I don’t make any money” until you do.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I will say this....there is a proliferation of basketball trainers in today’s bball landscape. Even NBA players get trained by guys who never sniffed an NBA court.

Some are really good....some are ok....too many are simply out to make a buck. Some are downright laughable. It’s where the 15 dribble...go nowhere....BS got started. At the high school and AAU level it is out of control.

But everyone and their brother has an outside trainer now. At the elite level they even have “handlers”....which is code for “go pro” ....which is code for “I don’t make any money” until you do.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So explain to me why White earns millions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator