Gator Basketball Gators whipped by Tennessee to bow out of the SEC tourney

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I’m throwing my hat in the ring for Mike Miller. He has coaching experience and has the pedigree/recognition to go with it.

He could be our Juwan Howard.
how about an assisant coach? we are UF not some dinky school. have we really fallen that far that we want a guy that is a High School coach? can't we get a former UF player that has actual NBA or College coaching experience and not just one year at Memphis?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
how about an assisant coach? we are UF not some dinky school. have we really fallen that far that we want a guy that is a High School coach? can't we get a former UF player that has actual NBA or College coaching experience and not just one year at Memphis?

I know we were worthy six years ago but after these years with a former four year Louisiana Tech coach I’m not sure how picky we can be. I wonder how desperate we will be after 2-3 more years of underachievement

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lee...no way in hell we get or deserve a 7.

Some names:

Moser - Loyola Chicago
Alexander - Belmont
Enfield - USC (see if he wants to come back to the Sunshine State after his FGCU springboard)

big dice roll....

Williford - UVA top asst for 12 seasons, never been in the big chair yet, but many consider him one of the top assistants in the nation

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Lee...no way in hell we get or deserve a 7.

Some names:

Moser - Loyola Chicago
Alexander - Belmont
Enfield - USC (see if he wants to come back to the Sunshine State after his FGCU springboard)

big dice roll....

Williford - UVA top asst for 12 seasons, never been in the big chair yet, but many consider him one of the top assistants in the nation
Never say never in years past it's almost like they didn't watch this entire last weekend. They basically had the brackets filled out last week. Espn is usually way off and they go by just quad 1 and whatever garbage and you have no idea how so and so got in or is so high in rankings

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

What was Juwan Howard’s HC experience?

The guy knows basketball and, judging by his work with Mann, can develop players. Kids know who he is too so I don’t think recruiting would be a problem either.

But fine, let’s hire a retread

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Talk about hype. All season there was a ton of hype around FSU. However....if everything else stayed the same except KJ didn’t go down until the end of the FSU game after we had secured the victory....our records would be identical today. 15-8. I had a lot of folks telling me FSU was going to win the ACC AND making a long run in the tourney.
They were wrong on the first point. Let's hope they were wrong on the second as well. I don't have much hope for our Gators so it looks like it's hateraid this year instead. I'd love to see FSU lose in the first round. I'd like to see Gonzaga get knocked off at some point too. And Bama? fuk em. Hope they lose first weekend.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What was Juwan Howard’s HC experience?

The guy knows basketball and, judging by his work with Mann, can develop players. Kids know who he is too so I don’t think recruiting would be a problem either.

But fine, let’s hire a retread
Juwan Howard spent 5years on Eric spoeltra's( I might spelled that wrong)coaching staff. He wasn't coaching his sons highschool basketball team.
I don't wanna fire a guy that's brought us to the tourney 4 out of his 5 years here for a highschool coach . And why are we giving Mike Miller credit for recruiting all the players penny Hardaway coached in AAU?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Juwan Howard spent 5years on Eric spoeltra's( I might spelled that wrong)coaching staff. He wasn't coaching his sons highschool basketball team.
I don't wanna fire a guy that's brought us to the tourney 4 out of his 5 years here for a highschool coach . And why are we giving Mike Miller credit for recruiting all the players penny Hardaway coached in AAU?

Do coaches in the NBA actually do anything though? Pretty sure they roll the ball out and say “have at it boys”

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
How much do we really know about exactly how much work Miller did with Mann? Was it a few days, few weeks, few months? The biggest change I observed was he got taller, gained about 15 lbs or so, and greatly improved his attitude and confidence. Unlike the other 2 I did see real talent and skill from Mann even as a freshman and saw some steady improvement throughout last season.

I really like Miller but just curious how much time he spent with Mann. A camp? Did he come into Gville and spend individual time with Mann?

As far as Miller as our coach....would he even be interested? What about leaving his son (not sure what grade he is in)?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My mention that UF should hire a high school coach was a joke : a put-down of Mike White whom I see being a loser even as a high school coach. Mike White has created a grave difficulty for UF at getting a competent replacement coach = no coach would want to take over the mess he's made here.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Basically our last five games meant nothing for our seed. They gave missouri 9.
I think we got an adversity boost given what we went through on the year and that some of our losses were shorthanded on top of being without Keyontae

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator