GNFP Film Breakdown Offense v UToothless

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
During the game I thought Trask was off a bit, watching this confirms it. Not sure if its Delance in his head or Heisman talk or both, but he wasn't as decisive or on time with several of his throws and missed quite a few reads all together. Hopefully it was just an off game (433yds and 4TD LOL).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I normally enjoy these film breakdowns but the game was so ponderous I just can't bring myself to watch. On the note that Trask was off a good bit, I presume two of the mentions were the missed WR on a seam route where he was 5 yards behind the defender for an easy potential TD. And another one was the 4th down swing pass to Davis where he not only was late with the throw, but he put to much air under it allowing the defender to cut in front of Davis. It did not appear the ball was tipped but clearly hampered Davis' view.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This may be the worst game he played all year, but Trask still had a really big game and carried the offense. Sometimes it was just a perfect storm of something going wrong, and many players contributed mistakes.

The extra week definitely helped UT. They had a good game plan going in. They new every time UF wanted to run the ball and they timed the snap count perfectly on many plays. There's a lot to clean up and learn from, but I do trust that Trask will do just that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This may be the worst game he played all year, but Trask still had a really big game and carried the offense. Sometimes it was just a perfect storm of something going wrong, and many players contributed mistakes.

The extra week definitely helped UT. They had a good game plan going in. They new every time UF wanted to run the ball and they timed the snap count perfectly on many plays. There's a lot to clean up and learn from, but I do trust that Trask will do just that.

For the second year in a row, I feel like we approached much of this game as a scrimmage, rather than a game we needed to go out and play well in. Last year, we were already experimenting and trying things with Jones in the early 3rd. This year, it seemed like every few drives we just said, “watch this” and scored as if against air. Not a great way to handle a game, and I’d rather us just crush them by 70, but outside of Cox wanting to hit the QB, we just didn’t seem to have the mindset. Look at the awkward pick Elam had against uga and then the much easier one he dropped against the vols. Focus was missing and that’s something Mullen has to correct, even if we don’t always need it.

I will say though, Trask still threw another TD. That call was ridiculous and the defender wasn’t catching Davis from that angle even if Henderson isn’t there. Still can’t believe they called that on that play.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
For the second year in a row, I feel like we approached much of this game as a scrimmage, rather than a game we needed to go out and play well in. Last year, we were already experimenting and trying things with Jones in the early 3rd. This year, it seemed like every few drives we just said, “watch this” and scored as if against air. Not a great way to handle a game, and I’d rather us just crush them by 70, but outside of Cox wanting to hit the QB, we just didn’t seem to have the mindset. Look at the awkward pick Elam had against uga and then the much easier one he dropped against the vols. Focus was missing and that’s something Mullen has to correct, even if we don’t always need it.

I will say though, Trask still threw another TD. That call was ridiculous and the defender wasn’t catching Davis from that angle even if Henderson isn’t there. Still can’t believe they called that on that play.
I would have called it. When he stopped and put his hands out it was as if he was trying to "sell" a block. Same play later the player avoided contact while still delaying the DB. I assume Henderson will learn.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I would have called it. When he stopped and put his hands out it was as if he was trying to "sell" a block. Same play later the player avoided contact while still delaying the DB. I assume Henderson will learn.

If he had kept this hands down and just given him a bit of the shoulder on the way by there's no call there. What's nuts (and probably this goes to being a freshman) he didn't even need to touch the guy. The defender had put himself out of that play by the angle he took before there was any contact. That play was over from about two seconds after the snap and a more veteran receiver probably would have known that and laid off.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Trask has some issues for sure. He does not handle pressure that well sometimes, and should take what is open more especially when we are going to win anyhow. We can't run the ball but our backs can be very effective as pass receivers. We better focus of a loss will happen sooner rather than later. LSU can beat us, if we don't focus and play much better in all phases.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just here to say on this that I liked that he verified that Grimes slowed down on that deep route.

Callaway used to do that quite a bit and would piss me off

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.