Not open for further replies.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n291180 said:
Muschamp was a reasonable hire, on paper. It was a perfectly logical hire. It just didn't work out.

I disagree. When I heard his name mentioned, my first thought was "yuck". When I watched his introductory press conference, I knew we were in trouble. If Foley knew what he was espousing before he hired him, (and you know he did) he should have kept looking.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I'm just not getting the PDS ban. Don't agree with everything he says, but there are several here that hijacked EVERY thread with their agenda for MONTHS and no bans for them? Doesn't seem fair to ma and as a regular poster I'd like an explanation, please.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TexasGator;n291091 said:
I'll take the claim to fame of being the first to mention McElwain on this board.

I'm not going to argue with you or anyone else, but I was right up there in the beginning. I caught a lot of slack cause of CSU and MWC. I saw him live a couple times and brought up the name.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
ufgator812;n291188 said:
I disagree. When I heard his name mentioned, my first thought was "yuck". When I watched his introductory press conference, I knew we were in trouble. If Foley knew what he was espousing before he hired him, (and you know he did) he should have kept looking.

OK, you and some other message board chumps have much better insight into college football hires than one of the most successful athletic directors of all time. Great.

So who was available that was a slam dunk?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we really having this argument again??? FFS guys, can't we all just be happy with how the season is going so far?!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We finally have reasons to be happy. I just don't get it. What's the point of start arguments at 5-0? Those are problem children. It takes a special kind of jack wagon to start fights at 5-0 and ranked 12th.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n291189 said:
Ok, I'm just not getting the PDS ban. Don't agree with everything he says, but there are several here that hijacked EVERY thread with their agenda for MONTHS and no bans for them? Doesn't seem fair to ma and as a regular poster I'd like an explanation, please.

Since when do mods have to explain their every action? You guys don't see all the stuff we see behind the scenes. Let's leave it at that.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n291197 said:
OK, you and some other message board chumps have much better insight into college football hires than one of the most successful athletic directors of all time. Great.

So who was available that was a slam dunk?

Chumps? That's funny seeing as how the musCHUMP hire did turn out to be horrendous.​

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
David Climer of the Nashville Tennessean wrote the following on Butch Jones.

"Butch Jones is notorious for sweating the small stuff.He is a meticulous planner. He studies analytics. He prefers to leave nothing to chance. The closer he can stay to the script, the better.He is a firm believer in a variation of the Marine Corps adage of the seven Ps — Proper Planning, Preparation and Practice PreventPoorPerformance.Because of that, Jones comes off as a coach who wants to take emotion out of the decision-making process during games. He prefers to go with a list instead of his gut."

This is not true with Coach McElwain. Although Mac is a stickle for practice and preparation, he knows when to abandon the script and go with his gut and his intuition. At opportune times Mac has shown he will throw the script to the wind and play to win the game. This gives the coaches, the players, and the fans a good feeling. There is something Spurrier-esque about this. McElwain will play Jones like a drum the same way Spurrier did with Fulmer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's no argument to be made. Some of us will defend one of the greatest Gators of all time to the bitter end, while a select few will take every opportunity to find any fault they can in him. They've been doing it non-stop for well over a year and I suspect it won't stop until Ox draws a line in the sand about it...which isn't going to happen because his dad is in their camp. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I really don't feel that strongly about Foley but..

1) Spurrier leaving suddenly was partially Foley''s fault (depending on who you want to believe). I blame Foley for at the very least not being prepared if not outright running SOS off.
2) Zook: Foley didn't have a lot of choices and went with a DC (at pass happy Florida) with no HC experience. He made a bad choice.
3) IMHO Meyer doesn't consider Florida without Machen here. It gave Meyer enough comfort to consider it. By accounts I've read Foley did a BRILLIANT job of getting Meyer. Kudos to Foley.
4) Meyers departure. Handled horribly. Foley had a year to find someone. That's all I'm gonna say.
5) :kiffin: : Foley hires ANOTHER DC with NO HC experience. HE MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'm the fool.
6) Foley sticks with :kiffin: way way too long.
7) JMac - credit where credit is due. 5 games in it looks like he's found a winner.

In addition I thought it was a mistake to talk Donavan into staying when he flirted with the Magic.(Hmm another mistake Foley made twice). Once a guy does that his drive is gone. In conclusion, I don't really care about Foley and that's the way I see it.

Nut huggers continue to hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator