Gymnastics - #3 UF vs #13 Hawgs 8:30 pm SECN

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators lost sophomore Ellie Lazzari and senior Halley Taylor for the season in last week's road win at Georgia. Both gymnasts suffered torn Achilles tendons and underwent successful surgery this week.
Halley Taylor on Instagram_ “Keep smiling angel. We got a lot of work to do_”.png

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Can someone that understands the rankings explain how we keep winning but falling in the rankings? We were #2 and beat Bama then fall to #3. Smoke the butt sniffers and now we are #4.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone that understands the rankings explain how we keep winning but falling in the rankings? We were #2 and beat Bama then fall to #3. Smoke the butt sniffers and now we are #4.
As you can see, it's mostly about scores.....

1 Michigan 197.850 197.950
2 Utah 197.425 197.775
3 Oklahoma 197.317 197.900
4 Florida 197.217 197.675

Edit:. The 1st score is the season average and the 2nd is the high score before this weekend.

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Final.......

Team Score Lead
1 University of Florida 198.250
2 Arkansas 196.475 -1.675

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators got deductions on the floor that I didn't see but still broke 198 , 1st time this season.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
The were unbelievable in first three sessions and were sleep walking on floor. Arkansas could have received all 10’s and still lost

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Finally a complete meet for Gators. They still left points out there so that is also a good sign. The floor rotation made sense, in that Rowland needs to find a 7th gymnast for that rotation with now Ellie and Halley not available. She went with Chloi last night who did decent but not great. She doesn't need to worry about Trinity and can put her in there when it counts. I was surprised about Baumans floor score, unless she missed some connection that I am unaware of.

All around a solid meet, now they need to do it on the road in what will be possible the lamest venue in the SEC Mizzou.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Because right now they rank based upon the average score of all your meets. So while UF went and won the dual meet, their overall scores fell in relation to what other teams have been putting up. Unless Oklahoma or Minnesota have similar scores this weekend I expect UF to go back up to 3.

Later in the season they go to NQS scoring which involves only counting a specific number of road and home scores in your scoring average.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Because right now they rank based upon the average score of all your meets. So while UF went and won the dual meet, their overall scores fell in relation to what other teams have been putting up. Unless Oklahoma or Minnesota have similar scores this weekend I expect UF to go back up to 3.

Later in the season they go to NQS scoring which involves only counting a specific number of road and home scores in your scoring average.
When AI takes over the scoring in figure skating and Gymnastics, I might watch. That subj scoring BS and then to be ranked by that is gay and stupid.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
When AI takes over the scoring in figure skating and Gymnastics, I might watch. That subj scoring BS and then to be ranked by that is gay and stupid.
I'll watch, but it is the dumbest thing to have rankings based on subjective scoring by regional judges.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The meet was called Sink the Pink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.