Harris providing UF with big plays

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
The biggest takeaway from this article is that his teammates and coaches have confidence in him.

Personally, I'd rather have consistent plays rather than hoping for the one or two big plays. Grier is much better in the pocket and we have consistent drives but Treon is definitely a plus in the big play ability with his passing mobility. Grier was actually doing well in the scrambling and running department whereas Treon actually makes pass plays out of his scrambling. These are usually bigger plays because the defense breaks down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FYI, Grier isn't eligible to play this year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being a scramblerx dual thread, spread, whatever, his whole career, it will take Mac awhile to get Harris comfortable in the pocket. The biggest thing Harris needs to work on is his reads, many times he's locking on his first read waiting for the guy to get open, either throw it to spot where the receiver should be open by then or move on to next option. I do like that he's not throwing the INT's, those are drive killers and momentum changers. With our defense, all we need is an average offense to win, and Treon is a winner so he'll make it happen.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree. The biggest thing he needs to work on is accuracy. I can live with slow reads or whatever because he can scramble so well and buy time. The thing that is hard to overcome are crappy passes in the dirt. Several times now I've seen receivers including Callaway throw their hands up in frustration after ridiculously errant passes that would have gone for nice gains had they been on target.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Another thing is Mac emphasizes not turning over the ball and Treon is overthinking every pocket situation. He takes care of the ball but he is way too timid for my taste, but he has balls as a runner.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n305999 said:
I disagree. The biggest thing he needs to work on is accuracy.

^^This. Zambo speaks truth. If he could just hit the dump offs/screens type plays more consistently, he'll find himself in a LOT less 3rd and long situations.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n306018 said:
yeah i played wr...both my steps were slow
By the way, I saw your cameo in the Gator video

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n306019 said:
By the way, I saw your cameo in the Gator video

I think you meant to quote KC, and I saw him too!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah i did. when i realized i quoted myself im like who cares so i didnt bother to correct it but next time ill pay more attention and try to be careful especially if im quoting somebody otherwise it gets real confusing and then nobody understands the point youre trying to make and then if they ask you about it its been so long you usually forget what you meant. Know what I mean?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n306050 said:
yeah i did. when i realized i quoted myself im like who cares so i didnt bother to correct it but next time ill pay more attention and try to be careful especially if im quoting somebody otherwise it gets real confusing and then nobody understands the point youre trying to make and then if they ask you about it its been so long you usually forget what you meant. Know what I mean?

Yep, wait, what did you say?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n305999 said:
I disagree. The biggest thing he needs to work on is accuracy. I can live with slow reads or whatever because he can scramble so well and buy time. The thing that is hard to overcome are crappy passes in the dirt. Several times now I've seen receivers including Callaway throw their hands up in frustration after ridiculously errant passes that would have gone for nice gains had they been on target.

I also agree with this. He missed so many simple throws Saturday. Even many of his completions were poor throws. It's nice that he compensated for making a few big plays, but if he makes those simple throws we beat UGA by 40+. Hopefully this was just a bad game for him and he improves over the next month.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n306050 said:

wthayta.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.