Has Charley Strong been fired yet?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Callahan? Seriously? Wow. I'd be fine if they send Callaway out the door with Nord.

Callaway couldn't land a DC gig in Div 3. His resume is he was a GA here a few years ago and was supposed to be a recruiter.

I know we were desperate but we aren't now.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather have the best recruiter stay. I can always use the strong connection to Miami.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ill admit, i wasnt a huge fan of the collins hire when it happened, but i think hes turned out to be a pretty dang good hire. i dont really want either him or shannon to be leaving town.
I'm in this camp.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Collins has done a solid job here. I dont always agree with his coverages at times but overall he has done ok. Just because law hates him doesnt mean hes bad.
I agree about the coverages. We seem to be at our best when he is calling aggressive, sometimes he backs off. Except LSU, the results have been pretty good. I think we've been a little lucky at times.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am actually really happy with Shannon, Rumph and Callahan. Just want to keep those guys and Collins can leave. You would think though that he would poach one of those guys for his DC and Rumph looks like a guy who could be a stud recruiter for us so not sure if we want him gone. Promote either Rumph or Shannon to DC.

Yeah, this is the biggest reason this would be a bad thing. The coaches have had great chemistry this year, and while I think that is by far a credit to Mac, they have all contributed. If we were to lose two off of this defensive staff - especially two of the top three, that would hurt. I'd like to be able to keep them all, but losing one is better than losing two.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Back on topic... Strong would be in his recruiting mecca in miamuh, so I really don't want to see that happen. I hope Texas gives him one more year to turn things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back on topic... Strong would be in his recruiting mecca in miamuh, so I really don't want to see that happen. I hope Texas gives him one more year to turn things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that he will go there. However, if he did, he would be a recruiting monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator