Recruiting Here's how you don't fall behind on facilities

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Love him or hate him (he did mentor our head coach, fyi), he does what it takes to win. Reminds me of the Charlie Pell story when he called his coaches at 3am and asked them what they were doing to make Florida better....Meyer and especially Muschamp let the facilities fall off (along w/ the AD). But this is the thinking we need McElwain to have. When we win our first NC under McElwain I hope he's busting Foley's chops the NEXT DAY for upgrades!!

-----

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...lustrates-Nick-Sabans-constant-drive-for-more

How does Nick Saban keep driving after each national championship and not settle? Alabama athletic director Bill Battle shared an example of how Saban never stops.

Battle played for Bear Bryant and became Alabama’s AD in 2013, not long after the Tide won a second straight national championship — their third in four years. But there was no honeymoon period from Saban.

Here was Battle’s response on SiriusXM College Sports Nation when asked how Saban keeps pushing.

“It’s hard to get (to the top), but it’s a whole lot harder to stay there,” Battle said. “Coach Bryant was one of the coaches able to do that, win multiple national championship in a relatively short period of time and stay at one school. There’s gotta be a burning desire in you stomach that really is different than 99 percent of the people in the world. Most of us, when we have success and big success, we like to sit back and relax a little bit and feel like we can enjoy the experience. If you’re going to do what Coach Bryant did and what Coach Saban is currently doing — he’s the best I’ve ever seen at putting things behind him.

“The day after he won a championship he’s thinking about the next time. When I got here, I talked to a trustee. We had won back-to-back national championships. The day after the second, Coach Saban called (him) and said, ‘Dadgummit, I’ve been talking about this for a year now. We’ve got to move the weight room over here, redo the player’s dressing room and meeting rooms and so forth.’”

"(The trustee) said, ‘Nick, relax. We’ve won two national championship with what we’ve got.’ (Saban) said, ‘That’s the trouble with you guys. You all think about the last two. I’m thinking about the next two.’ I guess it takes that burning desire every day, the intense focus to be able to do it. Not many people are able to do that in any profession.”

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"(The trustee) said, ‘Nick, relax. We’ve won two national championship with what we’ve got.’ (Saban) said, ‘That’s the trouble with you guys. You all think about the last two. I’m thinking about the next two.’ I guess it takes that burning desire every day, the intense focus to be able to do it. Not many people are able to do that in any profession.”

That is just freaking awesome. Anyone who doesn't like the above quote probably got a bunch of participation trophies

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That is just freaking awesome. Anyone who doesn't like the above quote probably got a bunch of participation trophies

He's intense. You got to wonder how much longer he wants to keep going.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am hoping (and sure that it did) Mac soaked it all in while he was at Bammer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's using "winning it all" as his spend $ all push ... so perhaps that's the route.
But teams coming close have gotta have drive to improve all ingredients towards the NC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love him or hate him (he did mentor our head coach, fyi),
Mac spent like 15 years with John L Smith (he was a great coach once btw) and 2 years with Saban.

Tell me again who his mentor was?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“The day after he won a championship he’s thinking about the next time. When I got here, I talked to a trustee. We had won back-to-back national championships. The day after the second, Coach Saban called (him) and said, ‘Dadgummit, I’ve been talking about this for a year now. We’ve got to move the weight room over here, redo the player’s dressing room and meeting rooms and so forth.’”

Could you imagine that Angry Elf working for Cheap Azz Fooley?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mac spent like 15 years with John L Smith (he was a great coach once btw) and 2 years with Saban.

I thought he was w Saban for 4 years.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Could you imagine that Angry Elf working for Cheap Azz Fooley?
He would have run Fooley off years ago even if he is the greatest AD in college history. Saban takes no prisoners when he takes a HC job.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Title/Position Coached2012-14Colorado StateHead Coach2008-11AlabamaOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks2007Fresno StateOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks2006Oakland RaidersQuarterbacks2003-05Michigan StateAsst. Head Coach/Wide Receivers/Special Teams2000-02LouisvilleWide Receivers/Special Teams1995-99Montana StateOffensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers/Special Teams1987-94Eastern WashingtonQuarterbacks/Wide Receivers1985-86Eastern WashingtonGraduate Assistant

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
6a00d83451b26169e2019b002d6f13970b-800wi

Jeremy moves when the spirit hits him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Title/Position Coached2012-14Colorado StateHead Coach2008-11AlabamaOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks2007Fresno StateOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks2006Oakland RaidersQuarterbacks2003-05Michigan StateAsst. Head Coach/Wide Receivers/Special Teams2000-02LouisvilleWide Receivers/Special Teams1995-99Montana StateOffensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers/Special Teams1987-94Eastern WashingtonQuarterbacks/Wide Receivers1985-86Eastern WashingtonGraduate Assistant
So you agree with me?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Notice none of the Foley lovers posted in this thread.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Post of the Year!! Keep up the good work! BTW, what does Foley's d*ck taste like?

I wouldn't know personally, but I would assume it tastes like your asss, with how much you guys complain he is fkn you up there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wouldn't know personally, but I would assume it tastes like your asss, with how much you guys complain he is fkn you up there.

Great comeback, Costanza. The Jerk Store called....they said they're running out of you!

(keep your day job...and don't get your panties bunched up the next time Foley drags his nuts across your chin!)

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great comeback, Costanza. The Jerk Store called....they said they're running out of you!

(keep your day job...and don't get your panties bunched up the next time Foley drags his nuts across your chin!)

BMF, itching for a fight today. The wife cut you off again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.