Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Prefer to dance with a Ham sammich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Prom season is upon us and there's typically one of three memories. Which one are you?

Bonus points if you are brave enough to post a picture. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Took my best friend’s younger sister (she was a year younger). Got talked into borrowing my grandmama’s car to take us and best friend and his date to dinner and the dance. My date ordered the most expensive plate on the menu and then picked at it. Got to the dance and after the Senior Dance got to watch her and all the Junior girls dance together. At least I slowed the car down when dropping her off afterward so she wouldn’t be severely injured. Whole experience SUCKED! But undaunted, I used it as a learning experience and from that point I only strengthened my hetero-resolve. Still hate it when you have the all-girl dance party going on, which having had to chaperone many proms I got to see a lot. Maybe the saddest part of all was I’m a helluva dancer :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I went to three of them - had a blast at all three.
"Color My World" was one of the "themes" of them.

I have pictures but ain't no way y'all are going to see my ruffled shirt and big ass bow tie.
Not to mention my white-boy afro.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

I have pictures but ain't no way y'all are going to see my ruffled shirt and big ass bow tie.
No bonus points for you! I don’t think I ever made it to the silver slipper. If I did, it wasn’t memorable. Most expensive place in Tally! We did go to the melting pot a few times.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do tell... was this the Silver Slipper by chance? :)
Actually, it was The Brothers Three, which was pretty high end at the time. On N Monroe across from the Tallahassee Mall. It was last a Chinese buffet but is closed now. There were four couples that went there that evening. My broke @ss had to save up for about 3 months for tux, corsage, gas $, and the meal so it hurt me when she ordered a $30 plate (a fortune in 1978) and didn’t eat it!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I’m getting an Elvis Costello vibe (plus the ‘fro)! Forgot to add that the Juniors who hosted us hire a band called Paradise Lost, hard rock to the core. The only “slow dance” tune they played all night was a cover of “Free Bird!”

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Actually, it was The Brothers Three, which was pretty high end at the time. On N Monroe across from the Tallahassee Mall. It was last a Chinese buffet but is closed now. There were four couples that went there that evening. My broke @ss had to save up for about 3 months for tux, corsage, gas $, and the meal so it hurt me when she ordered a $30 plate (a fortune in 1978) and didn’t eat it!
Must have been a Quincy/Havana girl raised without manners.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Proms:
I don't recall going Jr year, but my Sr year I actually had a gf from out of state who came down for it. She stayed at my grandparent's house in town. She was always one to have the flat straight black hair look, but for prom (1986, mind you) I arrive to pick her up and her hair was teased (think, electrical socket) in all kinds of directions. I was good about biting my lip, knowing she put a lot of effort into it, but my lord that was the ugliest she looked in all our time together. Bonus points - because she flew down for several days, and I knew her favorite singer of Bryan Adams was playing in Jax, I surprised her with tickets to the show. I'd never gone to the Jax arena before, we had no mobile devices for directions, I was going by memory of paper maps (should have kept maps in the car) and took the shortcut near stark that dumps you onto I-95 just north of Jax. And...proceeded to go the wrong way on the interstate. Hauling ass up 95 trying to find a place to turn around and get back to the show...pulled over for speeding by a very unsympathetic cop. We got to the show eventually, but I've hated Bryan Adams ever since. And no, no pics.

Homecoming:
Sophmore year, bunch of us from the soccer team jumped in cars after a game and went, still sweaty but did change into decent street clothes. Best part for me was riding in some tiny car driving by Randy the "Jammin Jamaican" down 8th Ave from Citizen's field back to the school gym (GHS) at about 80mph.

Junior year - just guys hanging out watching girls.

Senior year - one of my best friends (from Buchholz) was dating one of my classmates, and we had another guy friend and his girlfriend (all from my school)....and I'm riding along as the 5th wheel. That wasn't bad, as I knew everyone and got along with everyone, and this was during a 'no girlfriend' period, so I'm fine flying solo. All good until after the dance. The 5 of us hit Skeeters on 13th for a late night bite, and the two guys hit the restroom for awhile leaving me with the girls. The wimmens drop into wimmen talk as they are wont to do but conversation quickly turned to discussions of blowjobs, how often they are giving them, and that one was getting a blister on the roof of her mouth. All this, while virgin me (yes, all thru HS) is listening and wondering - why am I being subject to this? It's not something I'm experienced with and can relate, there's nothing 'educational' I can glean from it for my future reference, this is simply gross talk about two of my guy friends by their dates. Awkward.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Proms:
I don't recall going Jr year, but my Sr year I actually had a gf from out of state who came down for it. She stayed at my grandparent's house in town. She was always one to have the flat straight black hair look, but for prom (1986, mind you) I arrive to pick her up and her hair was teased (think, electrical socket) in all kinds of directions. I was good about biting my lip, knowing she put a lot of effort into it, but my lord that was the ugliest she looked in all our time together. Bonus points - because she flew down for several days, and I knew her favorite singer of Bryan Adams was playing in Jax, I surprised her with tickets to the show. I'd never gone to the Jax arena before, we had no mobile devices for directions, I was going by memory of paper maps (should have kept maps in the car) and took the shortcut near stark that dumps you onto I-95 just north of Jax. And...proceeded to go the wrong way on the interstate. Hauling ass up 95 trying to find a place to turn around and get back to the show...pulled over for speeding by a very unsympathetic cop. We got to the show eventually, but I've hated Bryan Adams ever since. And no, no pics.

Homecoming:
Sophmore year, bunch of us from the soccer team jumped in cars after a game and went, still sweaty but did change into decent street clothes. Best part for me was riding in some tiny car driving by Randy the "Jammin Jamaican" down 8th Ave from Citizen's field back to the school gym (GHS) at about 80mph.

Junior year - just guys hanging out watching girls.

Senior year - one of my best friends (from Buchholz) was dating one of my classmates, and we had another guy friend and his girlfriend (all from my school)....and I'm riding along as the 5th wheel. That wasn't bad, as I knew everyone and got along with everyone, and this was during a 'no girlfriend' period, so I'm fine flying solo. All good until after the dance. The 5 of us hit Skeeters on 13th for a late night bite, and the two guys hit the restroom for awhile leaving me with the girls. The wimmens drop into wimmen talk as they are wont to do but conversation quickly turned to discussions of blowjobs, how often they are giving them, and that one was getting a blister on the roof of her mouth. All this, while virgin me (yes, all thru HS) is listening and wondering - why am I being subject to this? It's not something I'm experienced with and can relate, there's nothing 'educational' I can glean from it for my future reference, this is simply gross talk about two of my guy friends by their dates. Awkward.
What year was the Sr prom?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I went to 2 per year for Junior and Senior years because my gf went to a private school.
Almost all of them were with another couple riding with us and all of them included dinner, dancing and ****ing.
It was a great time to live and the only concerns were "is there enough gas in the tank to get home".
Still married to her after 38 years.
We still have dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator