Hill v. Tebow

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Taysom (sp?) Hill for the Saints clearly has an NFL career. Just seems like Tebow lite to me. What makes him a NFL QB when Tebow wasn't?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I watched that and thought "Tebow is a bigger basher than Hill." Not denouncing Hill's contribution, just noticing that use of Hill which was scoffed at 10 years ago. The NFL probably would have found a use for Tebow had Tim seen more uses for himself. ??

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As long as we’re talking lefthanders, I’ll take Tebow over Brunell or Cade McNown.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If Tebow entered the draft today instead of 10 years ago he would get more opportunities. The "teams aren't changing their whole playbook for one guy" excuse doesn't play anymore. The NFL throws around phrases like RPO and zone read like they invented it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Which is why you never had a chance in the Pros!
Of course we all know it was the receivers’ fault he couldn’t complete half his passes. It was also the receiver’s fault they scored in OT against Pittsburgh.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Of course we all know it was the receivers’ fault he couldn’t complete half his passes. It was also the receiver’s fault they scored in OT against Pittsburgh.
Glad we cleared that up. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Taysom (sp?) Hill for the Saints clearly has an NFL career. Just seems like Tebow lite to me. What makes him a NFL QB when Tebow wasn't?

I don;t think that anyone classifies Hill as an NFL QB. If taking an occasionally snap makes you an NFL QB then so be it. But I think he is viewed as an excellent utility player and something I said over 10 years ago that Tebow would be good at and allow him a lengthy NFL career. the difference is that Hill was willing to accept being a 5 tool player and Tebow insisted on playing the QB position only. Neither is right or wrong. To each his own

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don;t think that anyone classifies Hill as an NFL QB. If taking an occasionally snap makes you an NFL QB then so be it. But I think he is viewed as an excellent utility player and something I said over 10 years ago that Tebow would be good at and allow him a lengthy NFL career. the difference is that Hill was willing to accept being a 5 tool player and Tebow insisted on playing the QB position only. Neither is right or wrong. To each his own
Roster has him listed as a QB.

New Orleans Saints Roster | ESPN

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Tebow entered the draft today instead of 10 years ago he would get more opportunities. The "teams aren't changing their whole playbook for one guy" excuse doesn't play anymore. The NFL throws around phrases like RPO and zone read like they invented it.

Not enough Lamar Jacksons out there to feed that frenzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator