Hire Tim Tebow as HC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if Riley Cooper would fit the current culture at UF right now. But that's probably his 1st call for wide receivers coach. That youtube video was probably taken down years ago anyhow.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
6ZxHhwL.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I love Tim Tebow...but I'm not an urban black youth. Nor am I a suburban black youth, or a rural black youth, or black, or a youth, but I question whether recruits in any of those categories will identify with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. He could recruit anyone.
2. He’s the best motivator in the game.
3. He could surround himself with great assistant coaches.
4. If we don’t get him some other school will.
P S - I’ve bet myself $1 this gets regurgitated on.
Jeebus.

Even Sweet Baby Jesus thinks this is an idiotic idea.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love Tim Tebow...but I'm not an urban black youth. Nor am I a suburban black youth, or a rural black youth, or black, or a youth, but I question whether recruits in any of those categories will identify with him.

I understand what you’re saying, but neither are Saban and Smart. As I said recently, if there’s one obvious trend in recruiting it’s that these kids want to play for leaders and winners. Period. It seems
their parents too. All the faux “I relate to you” garbage is either ineffective and/or leads to a lack of respect and discipline over the years. It might be good to have some of that relatable element in the staff somewhere but not at HC.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I understand what you’re saying, but neither are Saban and Smart. As I said recently, if there’s one obvious trend in recruiting it’s that these kids want to play for leaders and winners. Period. It seems
their parents too. All the faux “I relate to you” garbage is either ineffective and/or leads to a lack of respect and discipline over the years. It might be good to have some of that relatable element in the staff somewhere but not at HC.
And I understand what you're saying, but I don't think players necessarily identify with coaches like Saban and Smart on a personal level. What they identify with are their track records of success.

Whereas, some level of personal identification -- "I can really relate to this guy, he's talking about stuff that speaks to me" -- is needed for coaches who don't have a bunch of rings to throw on the table. Tim has no coaching experience, and kids today may not see him the same way we do. To them, he's a churchboy Heisman bust who is beloved by old white people for reasons they don't understand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winning cures everything. Saban and Meyer are horses asses and Shart is a buffoon, but they hire great recruiters and demand results.

But winning is the ultimate enticement. Kids want to win championships.

And not Life or Thumb Wrestling Championships either.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
A high school senior today hasn't seen Tim Tebow under center since second grade. Unless they are lucky enough to have one of those computer contraptions with the interweb thing on it so you can can look at old videotapes and such.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All they know is he's the white night preferred by the racists and who got a chance to work out for an NFL team while a underprivileged black quarterback named Kap, who couldn't complete passes in college OR the NFL, is inexplicably not employed or getting workouts, unless you count those jobs paying him tens of millions to consult on shoes as employment.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If I know one thing about high school jocks it's this. They love hanging out with goofy 35 year old virgins with a lisp.

You know when we make fun of FSU for mentioning hiring Deion, this is about 10 times stupider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator