Ho-hum....another 5-star transfers from Bama

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just another 5-star recruit, no big deal at Bama. They've had 5 pretty solid players transfer this off-season:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...b-kendall-sheffield-transferring-from-Alabama

Report: Former 5-star CB Kendall Sheffield transferring from Alabama

Another Alabama player is transferring from the program.

Former 5-star cornerback Kendall Sheffield will transfer out of Tuscaloosa, according to Touchdown Alabama’s Stephen M. Smith, who cited sources. Smith reports that Sheffield left the university on Saturday night. The Texas native was not at either Alabama practice on Monday, per SEC Country’s Marq Burnett.

After coming to the Crimson Tide in the 2015 class, the Fort Bend Marshall High School product did not see any action with the Crimson Tide last season. He came to Tuscalosoa ranked as the nation’s No. 4 cornerback, state of Texas’ No. 3 prospect and the nation’s No. 20 overall recruit.

The reported news adds to a string of transfers for Alabama, which has seen five players leave the program this offseason. Shawn Burgess-Becker (transferred to UCF), Adonis Thomas (JUCO), Christian Bell (Wisconsin), Daylon Charlot (Kansas) and Maurice Smith (Georgia) all opted to take their talents elsewhere.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They recruit so much talent that it doesn't matter much overall. They over-recruit actually.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Technically he's a four star…

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could have sworn that the first wave of NFL roster cuts is not due until the 22nd. I guess Saban is staying ahead of the timing.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Poor Bama. This must be a terrible blow to their depth...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Life of the team with talent depth excesses... <not going to lie, I'm jealous>

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhh.... they have 30 more. Not a problem.

What's a 5 Star? :scratchhead:

It's one of these.
7bb09d89f2e09a11501b649f7b6dece2.jpg

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
In all honesty can anyone give me one ****ing reason that a highly touted recruit would choose to go to Bama just to sit the bench?

I'll never understand it; in fact I dont even feel bad for guys like this and Adonis Thomas...you idiot wtf were you thinking; there are three to four 4/5 star guys ahead of you on the depth chart? You drank the Saban juice a little too much

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In all honesty can anyone give me one ****ing reason that a highly touted recruit would choose to go to Bama just to sit the bench?
They want to win championships. It's a simple as that. Kintucky has had playing time for decades also. Kids want to win.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They want to win championships. It's a simple as that. Kintucky has had playing time for decades also. Kids want to win.
But if you don't get on the field, nobody gets to analyze your performance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They all think they are good enough to get playing time, they are blue chippers. The ego comes with it.

Back when we were a championship team we stuffed our rosters with blue chippers, too. It's the way you win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A Sportswriter sumbuddy better work up the stats for Bama's 4-5*s, fallen by the wayside.
Then give out a quick published explanation of the accuracy of probability & statistics.
Now that would be a public service article ... of ESPY proportions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator