NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll get about this close

wFhjaAw.gif
OMG that's hilarious! That poor kid wants that straw so bad!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not until we adopt a "power run" offense and hire a fat slob for an HC, amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reason I say 18 is it will be Allen's Sophomore year and or Franks junior or redshirt sophomore year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm in the 5-10 year category based on the fact that I believe the next coach will have to rebalance the elite talent to compete again. As long as Mac is our coach I don't believe he will ever recruit at the level you need at UF to win National Championships. In all honesty our classes have gone from upper echelon in the country to on the same level as Arkansas under Mac. Yes he pulls a few elite players but overall it's lackluster classes with not near as many elite players as we're used to bringing in.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2019 is my guess. But 5-10 years is probably the best answer for any program not named Alabama or Ohio State at the moment. Look at the runs Baylor, Stanford, MSU and Oregon have had in the last 5-8 years. They all have squat!

It's hard for younger Gator fans to realize how hard it is to win the NC. I followed the Gators religiously for 25 years before our 1st SEC title. My dad 20 more years. Some waited much longer for the elite level of success.

This is why we should all be pumpers....enjoying everything positive that happens to the fullest extent. Complaining all the time doesn't help the team win, it only prevents you from enjoying the moment....and the poeple around you that you care about.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac can get the pieces built around a QB, I picked the 2-4 year group and more on the 4 year side. He's got a foundation beginning to form and just think he gets it. We'll see.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am in the 2 to 4 year group, and a lot needs to go right. Next years class needs to be stellar, O line develops, no drop off on D, and a stud QB emerge.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm in the 5-10 year category based on the fact that I believe the next coach will have to rebalance the elite talent to compete again. As long as Mac is our coach I don't believe he will ever recruit at the level you need at UF to win National Championships. In all honesty our classes have gone from upper echelon in the country to on the same level as Arkansas under Mac. Yes he pulls a few elite players but overall it's lackluster classes with not near as many elite players as we're used to bringing in.
:wobble::alone:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In all honesty our classes have gone from upper echelon in the country to on the same level as Arkansas under Mac.
That's a dumb comparison. Arkansas has only cracked the top 20 in recruiting once this century. Finishing in the 6/7 range is more of an Auburn type of class.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
3-5 seems like a good bet. Allen's jr year is what i'm thinking. Which makes the defensive recruits this year extremely important given at that time they will be seniors, fourth year juniors or perhaps getting ready for their rookie year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Your analysis is shocking.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I truly have no idea. I don't know if we have a QB. Jake Allen looks to be our next great QB. So that's three years off. When he would be a redshirt sophomore. We need another class to see what Mac's vision is. Defensive recruiting has just not been that good. Good and strong on the lines. But we really need to stock the DT position next year, we have got to close on an elite linebacker this year, close on some elite linebackers next year (there will be a few in Florida), and do a better job of bringing in elite DBs.

As far as offense is concerned, running back recruiting has been very solid. O-line recruiting has been solid. We just need to bring in an elite receiver like Trevon Grimes in 2017.

If we are able to do this, then I think by 2017-2018 we will be competing for an MNC with Franks/Trask as an upperclassman or 2018-2019 with Allen.

If not those recruiting shortfalls are not addressed, then 2020+.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Del Rio is a great QB and the team stays healthy, then I believe we will have a legitimate shot at the title this year; however, both of those happening seem like a long shot right now. 2017 will be a down year because we'll lose a lot on defense, and this recruiting class on the defensive side isn't giving me any confidence that they'll be ready by then. I really hope I'm wrong on that. If recruiting improves, 2018 can be a good year with 2019 being a very special year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alright, here's my theory. I'm in the 3-5 year category and here is my reasoning. Mac is doing a solid job of recruiting. It wasn't all his fault we had a offensive collapse over the last 4 or 5 games of the season. We all know the reasons why. I think getting the numbers right is the first step toward building a foundation of success. We're doing that by bringing in top rated QB's this year and next. We're getting close to good numbers on the offensive line and bringing in size, 300# plus. Our RB's are in better than decent shape 205#-230# and numbers are right. WR is iffy but we know what we have with Calloway and Powell. TE is average.

Defense should remain average or better with the players we have and those coming in. I feel like UF will always get better than average talent on this side of the ball. LBer is the only area that is shaky at this point.

If Mac shows he can coach these guys to be a solid football team next year, say 9-10 wins, I believe the higher rated skill position players will start trickling in at a steady rate. Not fast enough to win it in 17 or maybe not even 18, but it will happen sooner than later.....
If he is anywhere near say 7-5 or god forbid worse then Foley will be forced to fire him by the end of 2017 and finally bring in a known heavy hitter who will win it all with Macs remnants in 2018-2019 the way Urban did with Zooks leftovers in 2006....

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If the O line becomes a nasty group and we have a solid QB who can actually throw it to the open receivers, we're looking good. But the nasty O line might not happen for another 2-3 years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said 2-4 years because I think it'll take that long to get a fully functional OLine again. We're still working with most of the same guys as this past year. They need to grow, mature, and learn how to compete in the SEC instead of getting pushed around constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.