How many OL coaches will it take?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is we've identified the problem. The bad news is it involves one of Napier's most trusted assistants, Rob Sale, who also happens to be the OC. Try laughing that one off.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is systemic. We can try and convince ourselves that there were areas that look good, for instance I've seen comments about how the defense looked better in the second half. Utah's offense looked like they weren't interested in doing anything as well because they knew they didn't have to. I don't think the defense dictated anything. The ute O just didn't feel the need to ask their pig farmer backup QBs to do anything. Hate to say it but this is muschamp 2.(d)oooo(h).

I'm tired of blaming the players and blaming fluke plays and whatever else that we always resort to in these pathetic losses. There's plenty of talent on that field and there's plenty of talent on this team. A good coach would have had this team prepared to play, scoring points and making Gator football fun. We don't have a good coach. And that's literally all there is to it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's good talent but I'm seeing a shortage of elite talent. Maybe that perception changes over the course of the season. I doubt it.

This "process" we've been sold, looking past year #2 toward some seemingly distant goal, worked in the Sunbelt but I'm unconvinced it's going anywhere in the SEC -- and especially with the alarming level of inexcusable mental mistakes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A lot more of our guys will play in the NFL than Utah's.

Also, one of the downsides to reportedly having 53% of the team being “his guys”. This isn’t the 2000s. A new HC’s fingerprints are all over the team very quickly. The QB room alone is filled with three hand picked players. I don’t think there’s anyone that is a carry from before.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We sucked last night!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Judging by this sentence, I'd say you were there.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator