How to fix this FB program

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'll keep it short and sweet. We took a beatin today, and I am talking about our loyal fanbase. The team chose to take a beating by not showing up. We need to can Stricklin first and foremost and let Billy know he will need to start looking at the end of the season, that can be discussed with him after the Ugay beat down. Then we need a committee to find both a new AD that cares about football and to find a coach. The committee should be chaired by Steve Spurrier. Urban should at least be considered. Thoughts?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing’s changed since the last time. Same answer. Clean sweep of the Athletics office, including SS and Foley. Hire a football driven AD and let him bring in a good HC. Done.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'll keep it short and sweet. We took a beatin today, and I am talking about our loyal fanbase. The team chose to take a beating by not showing up. We need to can Stricklin first and foremost and let Billy know he will need to start looking at the end of the season, that can be discussed with him after the Ugay beat down. Then we need a committee to find both a new AD that cares about football and to find a coach. The committee should be chaired by Steve Spurrier. Urban should at least be considered. Thoughts?
Well, We find ourselves in need of a quick turnaround. Sort of like Sanders at Colorado.
Agreed, AD has made bad hires in both Major Sports. The pink slips need to start at the top of the athletic department.

We have the facilities and infrastructure to be competitive and top ten EVERY year in Football.

Let's at least reach out to every successful Power 5 coach in America.
Let's throw some serious cash out there. No more "potential" type coaches. No more BS.
Make a Great big name hire that can save this class.

If not, Come in, Build what we need through the portal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We need to look in the mirror and evaluate our operatio…

or something similar

Not we. That implies people currently in the room that are directly responsible for this nightmare. Sasse needs to view this from an outsider’s perspective and wipe the slate clean. There’s no more evaluating of the current group. They cannot do their jobs at this level. If you’re willing to fire Napier(and JM and Mullen) for not doing his to the standard originally envisioned, then you have to fire every single person involved in those decisions because they obviously haven’t either. Start from scratch.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I think we need to accept the fact that we are not like LSU, Bama, Georgia, TAM or even Auburn from a $$$ standpoint. We dont have that type of money boosters. So I think many of you are pipe dreaming about cleaning house and going and spending big bucks on a new coach. Its just not reality. We are stuck with taking a swing at some up and comer.

I dont doubt BN is not the guy, but as most would agree, he is bringing in talent and creating a solid culture. I think we need a long-view type thing, probably start with getting rid of Stricklin, keeping Napier at least for another year under a new AD and then see what the landscape starts to emerge and target a new staff.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
it was a napier quote.

And agree, much like with DD, if you have to force a coach to make changes, he is not a coach.
Never liked systems folks, as they tend to be too locked into ideology vs going with a flow and looking out the box

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know Sasse well enough to gauge his thinking. Stricklin presided over a significant campus rebuilding. The program is financially sound. I would have to think his job's safe.

Napier? We'd have to finish with five or fewer wins to see him go this early. He's gnarly enough to pull six from his rear end.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think we need to accept the fact that we are not like LSU, Bama, Georgia, TAM or even Auburn from a $$$ standpoint. We dont have that type of money boosters. So I think many of you are pipe dreaming about cleaning house and going and spending big bucks on a new coach. Its just not reality. We are stuck with taking a swing at some up and comer.

I dont doubt BN is not the guy, but as most would agree, he is bringing in talent and creating a solid culture. I think we need a long-view type thing, probably start with getting rid of Stricklin, keeping Napier at least for another year under a new AD and then see what the landscape starts to emerge and target a new staff.

We’ve pumped over 100 million into failed coaches in the past 12 years. The idea that we don’t have the money is nonsense. We’re just spending it incorrectly.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dayum. Before I clicked on this thread, I was thinking the same thing about Urbs

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
In my mind the #1 thing you have to look for when searching for a coach is a guy who absolutely hates to lose. Like, losing takes a physical toll on them. These are the guys driven to win. Meyer was one. Spurrier was one. None of the chumps we've hired since have.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
In my mind the #1 thing you have to look for when searching for a coach is a guy who absolutely hates to lose. Like, losing takes a physical toll on them. These are the guys driven to win. Meyer was one. Spurrier was one. None of the chumps we've hired since have.

Correct. It took exactly 2 losses and 8 total games in 2005 for Urban to completely revamp his offense to something he didn’t like and hadn’t envisioned. Because he simply was not content, losing to Georgia and beyond. And before we talk about all the talent he was left with, let’s not forget he was playing with a walk on, and a converted three*wide receiver as his defensive backs that year. But he made moves that made sense. That’s a winner. Meanwhile, you have this potato head barking at reporters for questioning his views on special teams that have been an absolute circus the entire 18 games he’s been here.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It is funny that Karl has no idea how to make any changes. As many think we have 2 very good RB's ( I say we have 1 1/2), but have you noticed they are NEVER in the backfield together for even one snap? We never have 2 non QB's in the backfield on any play at the snap other than a WR still in motion. Just put both 2 and 7 in the backfield flanking Mertz on one snap, run a new play just to see if you can get the defense to think?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Simple.

Step 1: Take the whole athletic dept
Step 2: Make said athletic dept look like the following:

IMG_7630.jpeg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that can be done about this is to hand over the reins to Russ Callaway.

He’s just not a good game caller. There’s no rhythm. There’s strange play calling decisions. And we’re having breakdowns on so many other components of the team because he spending all of his team being a shytty play caller.

Give Russ a shot. And if he calls a great game then fire Stapleton at the end of the year and keep Russ as OC. If it doesn’t work, still fire Stapleton and get an OC.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We literally have 3 offensive plays....

We are never fired up for a road game....

Across the board we are continuing to be one of the smaller/weaker D1 CFB teams that I see week in and week out over the last 4-5 years.

If you continue to do the same things and expect a different outcome.....your name is probably Karl

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that can be done about this is to hand over the reins to Russ Callaway.

He’s just not a good game caller. There’s no rhythm. There’s strange play calling decisions. And we’re having breakdowns on so many other components of the team because he spending all of his team being a shytty play caller.

Give Russ a shot. And if he calls a great game then fire Stapleton at the end of the year and keep Russ as OC. If it doesn’t work, still fire Stapleton and get an OC.
Stapletons not the oc. It's our other mediocre o line coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wholesale changes at the top. Scott stricklin and Jeremy Foley need to be done hiring coaches.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

None of that addresses the fact that our brain surgeon coach doesn't think he needs a Special Teams coordinator, thinks he needs two O line coaches, think he's a great play caller, etc. The problem is he is not capable of self evaluation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.