Hype Machine

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
there is one undefeated College football team in the nation. They beat the only team that beat Georgia and Alabama. If you look at the sports page today, you will not see this mentioned. Good job UCF. You deserve more credit than you are getting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Esp from their most esteemed alum, Law.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Their SOS is awful. 47 spots lower than the lowest CFP participant. They played no one and Auburn is a 4 loss team. You know who else is a 4 loss team? South Carolina. Auburn had lightning in a bottle twice, but i really dont think theyre great. Congrats to UCF though, CFP argument aside. Amazing season and deserve more respect. 12th? Please. They should be top 5 in the final poll

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
there is one undefeated College football team in the nation. They beat the only team that beat Georgia and Alabama. If you look at the sports page today, you will not see this mentioned. Good job UCF. You deserve more credit than you are getting.

Actually, UCF will end up with a top 10 ranking; that is probably more credit than they deserve. They had a schedule of 12 cupcakes. Most of the top 25 teams in the country would have been undefeated with that schedule. UCF's bowl game was their playoff game and they were up for the game. Auburn's season ended when they lost the SECCG. This bowl was meaningless for them.

UCF fans had a great season, but if they really want to compete for national championships they need UCF to schedule good teams. If they can't join a Power 5 conference they can still play several games with Power 5 teams in their OOC schedule. I am reminded of the Rutgers team that went undefeated in 1976. I was living in New York at the time, and the sports pages of the local newspapers were full of arguments for making Rutgers national champions. Of course, they also only played cupcakes and ended up with a final national ranking of 17.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, UCF will end up in the top 10 ranking; that is probably more credit than they deserve. They had a schedule of 12 cupcakes. Most of the top 25 teams in the country would have been undefeated with that schedule. UCF's bowl game was their playoff game and they were up for the game. Auburn's season ended when they lost the SECCG. This bowl was meaningless for them.

UCF fans had a great season, but if they really want to compete for national championships they need UCF to schedule good teams. If they can't join a Power 5 conference they can still play several games with Power 5 teams in their OOC schedule. I am reminded of the Rutgers team that went undefeated in 1976. I was living in New York at the time, and the sports pages of the local newspapers were full of arguments for making Rutgers national champions. Of course, they also only played cupcakes and ended up with a final national ranking of 17.

UCF schedules P5 teams. They have played lots of them over the years. Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Nebraska, Florida all come to mind. This year they beat Maryland badly at Maryland and had Georgia Tech on their schedule but were hurricaned out. And the lower half teams of the P5 conferences aren't any better and probably worse than the top half teams in the American Conference.

I don't think UCF should be number one but it sure would have been fun to watch them play for it. And UCF played pretty damn well against a team that sure looked like they were competing hard in Auburn. I didn't see any quit in them. Auburn's defensive and offensive lines sure didn't push the supposed weaker lines around, that's for sure. And after watching them get mauled by Alabama, Clemson sure didn't look like they belonged.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Schedule better Power 5 teams then we will talk about a spot in the playoff

D07491E5-66B1-48BD-8AA7-6B19F52DA318.gif

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Auburn must have thought their season ended when they beat Alabama. They sure stopped playing after that. As for UCF, they went undefeated because of an extraordinary coach but their schedule was pitifully weak and set up well for a Scott Frost coached team. And no doubt, other than the top two teams, the SEC really does suck.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see a 6 team playoff... all power 5 conference champs and a wild card... if a team like UCF goes undefeated they get in

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I'd like to see a 6 team playoff... all power 5 conference champs and a wild card... if a team like UCF goes undefeated they get in

Basketball takes 66 teams into the playoffs and they still have controversies regarding bubble teams. There will always be controversies regarding who should make the playoffs regardless of the number of spots. I don't think any of the teams left out of this year's playoffs (including Cinderella UCF) had a legitimate claim to being the best team in the country.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
No one would want UCF right now and you can talk all the strength of schedule crap you want. Just because you didn't play a schedule suitable to someone else's liking doesn't mean you aren't a damn good football team. They handled Auburn from beginning to end and I mean on the LOS. It wasn't a fluke. They' put 30 on any team in the eastern division including UGAy.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
No they wouldn’t. UCF would have gotten in. Hence the point of that post. :crazy:
P5 + BAMA was my thinking... They still would get in over UCF
47th ranked schedule doesn't cut it.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
So all of the sudden you have:
ACC champ
SEC champ
B1G champ
Pac 12 champ
Big 12 champ

and wild card...

Clemson
UGA
Wisky
USC
OU

and wild card now becomes UCF? How is it still not Bama?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
fvkk ucf

but fvkk bammer. no teams that failed to win their own conference should be eligible to play for NC.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
Actually, UCF will end up with a top 10 ranking; that is probably more credit than they deserve. They had a schedule of 12 cupcakes. Most of the top 25 teams in the country would have been undefeated with that schedule. UCF's bowl game was their playoff game and they were up for the game. Auburn's season ended when they lost the SECCG. This bowl was meaningless for them.

Say what you want about them, UCF talked a TON of smack before this game and backed every word up. If looking stupid wasn't enough of a reason to show up for this game, Auburn should be ashamed. Agree UCF needs to schedule tougher opponents.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
fvkk ucf

but fvkk bammer. no teams that failed to win their own conference should be eligible to play for NC.

That's rubbish. The playoff should be the 4 best teams...period. It's a joke otherwise. The conference championship argument is for weak dick conferences to get a back-door invitation to the playoffs without being one of the 4 best teams.
Conference championships are a way for good conferences to separate the wheat from the chaff, but are largely irrelevant for down conferences. As it should be.
That wont change if the format should change to an eight team playoff. 8 best teams only need apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator