Hypothetical Vandy Presser...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"I want to take just a moment to thank all you media guys for not getting so sick that you couldn't show up for this post-game press conference. Not much for me to tell. What you saw was what it was. Our game balls go to our punter and kicker. Can't say we were awful on defense, but we were for one play that was almost the biggest one in college football to this point. Offensively, we may have hit bottom this game. Couldn't run it when we needed to. Except for the final few series, we couldn't catch it or hold on if we did. My hat's off to Coach Mason. He and his staff obviously out worked and out coached us. As such, our coaching staff will donate this week's paycheck to charity because we didn't earn it. Everybody in America knew this was for the first SEC East title in several years, yet we all looked past it and that is inexcusable, especially from the grown-ups. I'll open it up to some questions:

"Coach, this is -------- from the Miami Herald. As Treon is a Dade County player, we all want to know how he could go from playing so well to what we saw today?"
"Good question. I think he's given us his best, but he's dead in the pocket because of his height and he hasn't made the best decisions lately on the roll. We'd rather him think run first once he's outside the tackle, but the bottom line is the game is still moving pretty fast for him and it's hard to gauge just how much more it can slow down between now and the season's end. But he's the guy and all we can do is keep trying to coach him up."

"Coach, -------- from the Times-Union. How is it we can't run the ball against Vandy?"
"Well, we've been inconsistent with our OL play this year and today was the low point. We had hoped that this would be an opportunity for a young and struggling group to set a tone early and experience some success, but instead I believe they also adopted the mindset of "well, it's just Vandy" and go teir @sses handed to them for the most part. We've got to do a better job with them mentally as well as physically. Just because they wear the orange and blue doesn't necessarily mean they are accomplished Gators and as a coaching staff we've got to do better to make them realize this and inspire them to rise beyond average expectations."

"Jim, Pat Dooley here and I'd like to know..."
"First of all Pat, you've got wing sauce all over your Hawaiian shirt and mouth. Second, as Dean Wormer once said 'fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life!' Lastly, I don't know what I could possibly tell you that would add to your playlists since I don't do The Butthole Surfers or Boy George!"

"Hey Coach, -------- from The Tribune...that one big run for Vandy's score...what happened?"
"Specifically, both ILB's took a false step toward the tackle on their side of the formation and both got walled. For both to do that means they had an incorrect key. To add to the misery on that play, Keanu Neal was on the LOS and actually got blocked by the Head Linesman. I think I saw all of this happen one time in a Keystone Cops clip. And yet, if we defend that one play, we win 6-0 and hold Vandy to less than 100 yards total offense."

"Jim, -------- from Gatorbait. Demarcus looked like he was very close to a breakout game, at least in the later stages. Then he fumbles. What's happened to him?"
"I think he's giving a decent effort, but he's also probably feeling a little push from the competition created by some of the other receivers. Maybe trying a little too hard to make a spectacular play each time he touches it. Instead of trying to dance around, sometimes you just need to be a north/south guy, you know?"

"-------- from Gator Country. How would you assess this game in the context of what still lies ahead in the schedule?"
"First, I'd say we're a little lucky to have wrapped up the East this afternoon and if we don't know it yet, we aren't going to sneak up on anybody from here on out. Second, we have to play each game moving forward as what we are...a bunch of lunch pail guys with just a couple of stars that can't afford to look past the game at hand. We have to do everything we can to minimize our own mistakes while causing our opponents to make more than usual. Lastly, we've got to keep our punter healthy because that guy is a stud in terms of flipping the field!"

"thanks for coming and if you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was great to see Hardin come through. And the Pat Dooley reference is just awesome.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n309016 said:

"First of all Pat, you've got wing sauce all over your Hawaiian shirt and mouth. Second, as Dean Wormer once said 'fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life!' Lastly, I don't know what I could possibly tell you that would add to your playlists since I don't do The Butthole Surfers or Boy George!"

:lmao:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wish I could give 50 likes for your post.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Crap, now that John Wayne dude cranks out comedy with his analysis?

Like ratios will never be the same. I agree completely on both Treoff and the OL.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Outdid yourself, cover, take a bow.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;309016 said:
"I want to take just a moment to thank all you media guys for not getting so sick that you couldn't show up for this post-game press conference. Not much for me to tell. What you saw was what it was. Our game balls go to our punter and kicker. Can't say we were awful on defense, but we were for one play that was almost the biggest one in college football to this point. Offensively, we may have hit bottom this game. Couldn't run it when we needed to. Except for the final few series, we couldn't catch it or hold on if we did. My hat's off to Coach Mason. He and his staff obviously out worked and out coached us. As such, our coaching staff will donate this week's paycheck to charity because we didn't earn it. Everybody in America knew this was for the first SEC East title in several years, yet we all looked past it and that is inexcusable, especially from the grown-ups. I'll open it up to some questions:

"Coach, this is -------- from the Miami Herald. As Treon is a Dade County player, we all want to know how he could go from playing so well to what we saw today?"
"Good question. I think he's given us his best, but he's dead in the pocket because of his height and he hasn't made the best decisions lately on the roll. We'd rather him think run first once he's outside the tackle, but the bottom line is the game is still moving pretty fast for him and it's hard to gauge just how much more it can slow down between now and the season's end. But he's the guy and all we can do is keep trying to coach him up."

"Coach, -------- from the Times-Union. How is it we can't run the ball against Vandy?"
"Well, we've been inconsistent with our OL play this year and today was the low point. We had hoped that this would be an opportunity for a young and struggling group to set a tone early and experience some success, but instead I believe they also adopted the mindset of "well, it's just Vandy" and go teir @sses handed to them for the most part. We've got to do a better job with them mentally as well as physically. Just because they wear the orange and blue doesn't necessarily mean they are accomplished Gators and as a coaching staff we've got to do better to make them realize this and inspire them to rise beyond average expectations."

"Hey Coach, -------- from The Tribune...that one big run for Vandy's score...what happened?"
"Specifically, both ILB's took a false step toward the tackle on their side of the formation and both got walled. For both to do that means they had an incorrect key. To add to the misery on that play, Keanu Neal was on the LOS and actually got blocked by the Head Linesman. I think I saw all of this happen one time in a Keystone Cops clip. And yet, if we defend that one play, we win 6-0 and hold Vandy to less than 100 yards total offense."

"Jim, -------- from Gatorbait. Demarcus looked like he was very close to a breakout game, at least in the later stages. Then he fumbles. What's happened to him?"
"I think he's giving a decent effort, but he's also probably feeling a little push from the competition created by some of the other receivers. Maybe trying a little too hard to make a spectacular play each time he touches it. Instead of trying to dance around, sometimes you just need to be a north/south guy, you know?"

"-------- from Gator Country. How would you assess this game in the context of what still lies ahead in the schedule?"
"First, I'd say we're a little lucky to have wrapped up the East this afternoon and if we don't know it yet, we aren't going to sneak up on anybody from here on out. Second, we have to play each game moving forward as what we are...a bunch of lunch pail guys with just a couple of stars that can't afford to look past the game at hand. We have to do everything we can to minimize our own mistakes while causing our opponents to make more than usual. Lastly, we've got to keep our punter healthy because that guy is a stud in terms of flipping the field!"

"thanks for coming and if you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer.
as usual... You nailed it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and triskell... Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now I know what Cover was doing for the two hours I was driving home. :lol2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gosh … looked like Vandy could have been East champs.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n309212 said:
This was weird
Yeah, maybe so. I guess I was bored and wanted to try a new angle. I was in a car wreck last Saturday morning and spent Saturday and half of Sunday in the hospital, so I missed out on my Bulldawg rag. Wanted to be both accurate and informational upon returning but also give a little splash, too. Hope it worked somewhat!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n309652 said:
Yeah, maybe so. I guess I was bored and wanted to try a new angle. I was in a car wreck last Saturday morning and spent Saturday and half of Sunday in the hospital, so I missed out on my Bulldawg rag. Wanted to be both accurate and informational upon returning but also give a little splash, too. Hope it worked somewhat!

It worked. Hope you're recovering well.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Navet. Hoping to be able to go back to work on Wednesday. Some cuts and bruises, but my back was pretty sore and it is just now getting back toward normal. Had my seat belt on and that probably saved me. Had a car turn in front of me at the last second to enter a driveway and I braked hard and swerved to miss him. Rear end got loose on the other shoulder and I spun backwards across the road and hit a utility pole. Like I said, I was lucky to walk away. Unfortunately, my '74 FJ Land Cruiser wasn't so lucky. Got pretty banged up, so I'll be looking to see if repairs or replacement is the best option. The guy that caused the accident pulled out of the driveway and ran as I was loading up in the ambulance. Hope my description to the FHP officer is enough to catch him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator