I like to call him Supersize McThickems

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:ugh:

Those two guys did no homework about either team entering the game, it was obvious.

Nice to see that someone else sees through the imposters. Both guys are trying to come off as streetwise urbanites when in reality they are both whiter than I am.
The street schtick takes the place of preparation and insight.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t mind a good supersize mcthickens joke. I just don’t like to be lectured every time these guys call a game. It never fails with these two.

The lectures are so consistent that I can even predict the timing after a commercial break in the third quarter.
It’s the same exact thing every week.

Think about that:
A major college football game being broadcast by two black men.
A major college football game being played by typically 70% black athletes.
A major college football game sometimes featuring at least one black coach (although they did it during the Syracuse/ Notre Dame game as well).

And for this we get a lecture about racism.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The lectures are so consistent that I can even predict the timing after a commercial break in the third quarter.
It’s the same exact thing every week.

Think about that:
A major college football game being broadcast by two black men.
A major college football game being played by typically 70% black athletes.
A major college football game sometimes featuring at least one black coach (although they did it during the Syracuse/ Notre Dame game as well).

And for this we get a lecture about racism.
Don't forget the miracle that in this day and age, a player like "A-chain" can play "in a city like this."

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I didn't catch the full game. I got to watch/listen to the tv broadcast in spots during 3rd and 4th qtr, so I don't have the full picture. Being that late in the game, I missed most of any ignorant statements on either team, as the announcers had kinda settled in by the second half.

That said, I did catch the McThickens comment, as well as the Fraziers and ETN Bandaid cuts. I liked those - fresh, funny. The only off comment I heard was the one about Achane 'in a city like this'. I didn't process the 'why', it just felt wrong.

I didn't mind it. Better than a lot of the dry canned folks they've had historically (Mowins), and while perhaps a bit less professional than Jefferson Pilot they did provide a bit more color and entertainment. Even play by play was decent, as I had to listen to the tv broadcast on my phone while driving for some of it and he kept me aware of the who and the what adequately.

I'm fine with them running another game or two for us, we aren't top tier and won't get/deserver better announcers. RG3 I think has a shot at making it, just needs some time to settle into who he wants to be as an on-air personality, how far to push comments (and be more aware of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator