If Charlie gets fired....

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Is there any chance we fire Collins and bring CS back as our DC?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch enough of Louisville or Texas to know who is the true Charlie Strong. He wasn't particularly good under suck. Not very aggressive. Was much better under Creyer. At least he can recruit so that would be an improvement regardless.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'm thinking that mac and the whole crew go and SOS takes on the reigns with CS taking the D, but I'm drinking brown liquor.

Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I'm thinking that mac and the whole crew go and SOS takes one the reigns with CS taking the D, but I'm drinking brown liquor.
If this trend continues we will all need the brown liquor in order to keep watching.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'd most likely get head coaching offers. LSU would probably be interested in him if Herman turns them down.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's a good DC but he'll get another HC job.

When all 3 coordinators should be replaced then the HC has to go too.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mac getting canned is a foregone conclusion it's just a matter of timing. We just can't seem to hire anyone worth a crap. I'd love to see this dopey caterpillar turn into a butterfly and soar, but I'm not drunk enough for that yet...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
To the OP, I don't think so. Charlie has HC on resume and paycheck, he'll be looking (and getting ) same elsewhere.

I didn't watch enough of Louisville or Texas to know who is the true Charlie Strong. He wasn't particularly good under suck. Not very aggressive. Was much better under Creyer. At least he can recruit so that would be an improvement regardless.

Meyer was a results guy, he wouldnt react and work around your punches, he'd try to punch you in the face first. That killer instinct is not in Charlie (sorry). It's not in Collins, Nuss, or Mac, I don't think. Hopefully the TN game taught out coaches (and players) a bit about letting up or mailing it in = doesn't work.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why? This game was certainly mailed in.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Strong will get another head coach job.

I know there will be quite a few openings probably but I don't see a team that isn't a bottom feeder offering Strong their head coaching position for next season. He may have to take the Muschamp route to even get a head coaching position at somewhere equivalent to SC.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Well unlike Muschamp who only had destroying a program on his resume Strong has his time at Louisville to stand on, maybe he'll end up in the AAC.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
All this requires Mac making a positive coaching change, so therefore it won't happen. His hiring of assistants is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator