If you could name one former UF player ...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kyle Jackson, with a particular focus on DBs and safeties. Dude was an absolute eraser and particularly stout on run support. I think his tenacity and attention to detail would light a fire under this team and quickly reinstate us as the true DBU

I know this was in jest, but he's actually exactly the type of former player that would probably kill it as an assistant. I've met him twice and he's one of the more intelligent former players I've ever met, has a successful practice and presents extremely well. Some of the better coaches were never actually great themselves in their playing days. The old, "those who can't" mantra. At a minimum, he'd be an asset in recruiting for us.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I know this was in jest, but he's actually exactly the type of former player that would probably kill it as an assistant. I've met him twice and he's one of the more intelligent former players I've ever met, has a successful practice and presents extremely well. Some of the better coaches were never actually great themselves in their playing days. The old, "those who can't" mantra. At a minimum, he'd be an asset in recruiting for us.
Totally agree. I had a bunch of friends in college who knew Kyle well and said everyone on the team loved him and that effort was never an issue. But dear God, he drove me nearly insane on game days.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Totally agree. I had a bunch of friends in college who knew Kyle well and said everyone on the team loved him and that effort was never an issue. But dear God, he drove me nearly insane on game days.

I'm with you. The first time I met him was at a bar with a large group of Gator fans. When I realized who he was, it was like my own personal "Keith Hernandez" moment. Fortunately, it was after a win over the vols and I was having fun. So no need to go down memory lane(or gravely road).

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Why wouldn’t Tebow make a great choice? I’m not clear he would be the best to call the plays, nor do I think it would be necessary. Just delegate.

Can you imagine Tim Tebow on the recruiting trail or commanding respect from his players? Holy shyt.
This is the most logical choice, imo.

I like some of the names you guys have mentioned. I just don't think any of them have a national footprint. As Gators, we all love them and remember them, but these kids would hardly know who any of these guys are. Unless they grew up die hard Gator fans. And even then they still may not remember.

Tim would compete with Saban, Dabo and Smart for best recruiting head coaches in the country. It would just be a matter of who could he get on his staff. It's the same reason I don't want Deion at FSU. Great recruiters always have a chance to be great coaches. When you're getting top 5 classes every year you're at a decided advantage over just about any team you play.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Much rather Batesy take over for Mick when the time comes.

HC Tebow
OC Wuerffel
DC Carter or Manuel
DL Jack Youngblood , Yeah real old school but imagine the intensity we'd have on the line
DB Reggie Nelson
LB Spikes or Brantley
WR Doering (sp?) or maybe Collingsworth
OL Ker, Bromley, Zimmerman, Young, Pillar.... Any of the 84 or mid 90s big nastys
I'd put Ike Hilliard in the WR slot and Lawrence Wright in the DB slot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much rather Batesy take over for Mick when the time comes.

HC Tebow
OC Wuerffel
DC Carter or Manuel
DL Jack Youngblood , Yeah real old school but imagine the intensity we'd have on the line
DB Reggie Nelson
LB Spikes or Brantley
WR Doering (sp?) or maybe Collingsworth
OL Ker, Bromley, Zimmerman, Young, Pillar.... Any of the 84 or mid 90s big nastys
You kmow Reggie Nelson can hardly speak English and spends his free time hanging out w Hernandez and the Pounceys keepin it rill on the skreet, right? Incan confidently predict he will never be a coach of any sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.