I'll have what he's having: UF predicted to make playoff

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

X's and O's no doubt - hands down. I just don't think he has any interest at all in recruiting. Even with schematic advantage that would be a problem.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I am viewing from afar, but this notion is ludicrous. However my fear for the season is that we win 9 or 10 games against a very manageable schedule and everyone thinks all is good with the program. Sort of like all was good with the homers just b/c Butters got his teams to the SECCG twice. I will view the product and the quality and am less interested in the win total per se. yes it is important, but the work needs to be from the bottom up, not the other way around.

As I have said repeatedly here, if Mullen does not win 10 games against this schedule UF has hired the wrong guy. Like you I will be more concerned this season with offensive progress than just wins.

I do not really have any objection to the guy predicting UF to make the tourney. UGa could take a real step back this season and FSU may slide even further under Taggert. So there are conditions for UF making it to the SEC championship game with one loss or less. That means a win and UF is likely in the tourney.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
As I have said repeatedly here, if Mullen does not win 10 games against this schedule UF has hired the wrong guy. Like you I will be more concerned this season with offensive progress than just wins.

I do not really have any objection to the guy predicting UF to make the tourney. UGa could take a real step back this season and FSU may slide even further under Taggert. So there are conditions for UF making it to the SEC championship game with one loss or less. That means a win and UF is likely in the tourney.

I don’t care what anybody believes about our schedule this year. I think that’s overly optimistic. Meyer was handed a significantly better roster overall (and infinitely better QB) and won 9 games his first year, correct?

I don’t know how to define a successful season other than an extremely vague “whatever signs of improvement are necessary to attract Top 3 recruiting classes again.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know how to define a successful season other than an extremely vague “whatever signs of improvement are necessary to attract Top 3 recruiting classes again.”
If you don't have enough game to seal the deal, then you don't have enough game to seal the deal.

Despite ADG's story about counseling his friend to use the "do you want to see my resume method" for the nerd dude who couldnt pick up chicks... it never really works... especially if your resume sucks anyway.

Either you have game or you don't have game. He needs to hire people that have game.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It will be considered a major miracle if Mullen wins 10 games this season with THIS roster...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We are not as good as his prediction but we are better than many here believe. We are going to have a good season. Our running game is going to be very strong. Scarlett, Davis and Perrine all return and are looking real good. Lemons and Pierce are impressing. Toney will be improved. These guys are really competing for touches. They will roll up yardage. Our receiving corps is as good as any we’ve had in many years. Personally I can’t wait for kickoff.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We are not as good as his prediction but we are better than many here believe. We are going to have a good season. Our running game is going to be very strong. Scarlett, Davis and Perrine all return and are looking real good. Lemons and Pierce are impressing. Toney will be improved. These guys are really competing for touches. They will roll up yardage. Our receiving corps is as good as any we’ve had in many years. Personally I can’t wait for kickoff.

Im trying man, I really am...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I agree except that I’m not sold on the QB and OL. If we can just get average production from them, I think you’ll be proven right. But those are two bigs ‘ifs’ right now...

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
We gonna win a lot of games this year. Mullens can get the best out of the players we have. Skill positions are loaded. This is a complete team. All you downers are gonna eat crow. Big servings of crow.

980x.png

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
These picks are the best for the Gators. No Michigan/Ohio State, no FSU/Miami, no Dawgs/Gumps... Crooting is going to be awesome next year. Clempson is the only team we need to keep away.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We gonna win a lot of games this year. Mullens can get the best out of the players we have. Skill positions are loaded. This is a complete team. All you downers are gonna eat crow. Big servings of crow.

980x.png

Waiter, I’ll have the National Title Crow platter please.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well some guy said he’d cut his dick off on FB live if we make the playoffs...so there’s that to look forward to

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator