Impact of the Suspensions

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it would be interesting to see how much of an impact the suspension of these 9 players is hurting the team.

High Impact

- Scarlett and Callaway - both are replaceable but anytime you lose your two best offensive weapons it makes a difference. Scarlett was our best RB and while Davis is emerging having Scarlett would definitely help this offense. Could you imagine Callaway and Cleveland on the field? While Toney is proving to be a weapon and Powell makes plays there is definitely a drop off.

Medium Impact

Telfort, Desir-Jones, Houson and Miller - this is all about depth. The OL hasn't been playing well and having Telfort and DesirJones get practice time and some game time would be huge to their growth. Who knows if one of them could have turned into a Taylor and become a true freshman stud.

Houston and Miller are really big hits... almost high impact because of the lack of depth at LB. Having these guys not practice and not able to play means we are seeing a lot of Christian Garcia who is a WALKON!!!

Low Impact

Smith, Davis, Wells - There is enough depth at this position to make up for the losses of these 3 players. The defensive ends have played well so I don't consider Smith or Davis a huge loss. At WR I haven't seen Wells do anything to think losing him really hurts the team.

I want to be clear... I am not making excuses. I think there is enough talent on this team to overcome these at least against our current opponents. Any lack of depth is still due to recruiting misses because you shouldn't be relying on true freshmen to come in and be contributors. I was more interested to see how other people think the loss of these players are impacting the team.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say yes to OL. And no to the others. The reason we are struggling at linebacker is because we haven't signed/recruited any talent or any size.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lack of depth at LB and Callaway are bad hits. Scarlett I don't think is that big of a hit.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lack of depth at OL and Linebacker are the only two hits that have hurt us. We were already hurting at Linebacker depth due to recruiting, the suspensions just made it worse.

We would be the same with Callaway and Scarlett in the line up.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
To me, it's like the Russia "scandal"...a non-issue for the most part. I don't think having Caloway & Scarlett would have significantly changed any outcomes to date. Depth may have taken a ding in one position group but in most areas, we have enough bodies to account for the suspensions.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Davis was a projected starter by some sites, preseason. He'd be in the top 4, 5 for sure.

I want Telfort back and the LB's also.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care about any of them. They're theives and scam artists. All of them need a severe ass beating.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Team distraction? True. "And yet but" they serve as a great example against sneaky criminality.

To be real, since they used stolen cc info of California citizen, I just hope it doesn't negatively effect our recruiting in the area, especially Carrol.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I thought it would be interesting to see how much of an impact the suspension of these 9 players is hurting the team.

High Impact

- Scarlett and Callaway - both are replaceable but anytime you lose your two best offensive weapons it makes a difference. Scarlett was our best RB and while Davis is emerging having Scarlett would definitely help this offense. Could you imagine Callaway and Cleveland on the field? While Toney is proving to be a weapon and Powell makes plays there is definitely a drop off.

Medium Impact

Telfort, Desir-Jones, Houson and Miller - this is all about depth. The OL hasn't been playing well and having Telfort and DesirJones get practice time and some game time would be huge to their growth. Who knows if one of them could have turned into a Taylor and become a true freshman stud.

Houston and Miller are really big hits... almost high impact because of the lack of depth at LB. Having these guys not practice and not able to play means we are seeing a lot of Christian Garcia who is a WALKON!!!

Low Impact

Smith, Davis, Wells - There is enough depth at this position to make up for the losses of these 3 players. The defensive ends have played well so I don't consider Smith or Davis a huge loss. At WR I haven't seen Wells do anything to think losing him really hurts the team.

I want to be clear... I am not making excuses. I think there is enough talent on this team to overcome these at least against our current opponents. Any lack of depth is still due to recruiting misses because you shouldn't be relying on true freshmen to come in and be contributors. I was more interested to see how other people think the loss of these players are impacting the team.

If Scarlett had been playing Davis probably would not have gotten carries. Davis is the real deal. Scarlett might have done us a favor. With Davis and Toney on the field at the same time this offense will not be rated over a hundred for sure. I say we could be in the top sixty by the end of the season. These two make things much more interesting. Davis averaged 8.5 ypc in high school. I think he's 7.5 now. That's as strong as the nut on the Miss River bridge. One nut holds that bridge together.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Davis and Toney on the field at the same time this offense will not be rated over a hundred for sure. .
Just keep shaking my head at this. Our offense is by design and changing the players isn't going to change the offense significantly.... unless you have a bunch of blue star steroided 325 pound linemen, Trent Richardson and Ingram in the locker room that I don't know about.

the offense is don't fumble don't throw interceptions don't take any risks punts are fine...let Sabans defense do its thing and give you a short field at some point.

except we don't have sabans defense.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say we go out & buy us some replacements on the UAA credit cards where Bama shops. There's got to be a few bucks left, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator