IRS rules that gifts to NIL Collectives are not deductible charitable gifts

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
This caught my eye. Think it will have any effect on NIL Collectives and their revenues?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure. But my gut tells me Stricklin is already way out in front of this. So I suspect things will be smooth sailing, per usual.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great. Just one more thing for our players to get expelled for: tax evasion.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's why they need to implement mandatory W2's but we damn well know these companies are sending out 1099's

Last edited:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing was more certain than this ruling. You don’t need a UF accounting degree to know that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It’s inevitable. The question is whether or not the government chooses to follow through with charges.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's why they need to implement mandatory W2's but we damn well know these companies are sending out 1099's
Yeah. The kids won’t withhold taxes. They should be setting up W-2s to get in front of that.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In completely unrelated news, I have seen the light and have been moved by the Great Gator to spread the word to the people. I will be opening my on-line Church immediately. As a religious institution, all contributions are fully tax deductible.

The main tenet of the Church of the Great Gator is to collect charitable donations from our fellow Parishioners and use that cash to help young Gators as they strive to learn and understand the message of the Great Gator. We do this by giving these young Gators, (many of whom coincidently happen to be either very large or very fast) money and lots of it.

Alex.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
In completely unrelated news, I have seen the light and have been moved by the Great Gator to spread the word to the people. I will be opening my on-line Church immediately. As a religious institution, all contributions are fully tax deductible.

The main tenet of the Church of the Great Gator is to collect charitable donations from our fellow Parishioners and use that cash to help young Gators as they strive to learn and understand the message of the Great Gator. We do this by giving these young Gators, (many of whom coincidently happen to be either very large or very fast) money and lots of it.

Alex.
Hi Partner. Im all in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.